PDA

View Full Version : Broke my molar :/

SoonToBe3521
03-26-11, 02:29 AM
Pretty much in half. The nerve is exposed and all. Is this going to disqualify me or something, or will they just knock out the other half in bootcamp? I can't get to a dentist since my insurance sucks, so I can deal with it for now. But does anyone know if this is going to cause a problem with my enlistment? Thanks in advance.

IHaveEGA843
03-26-11, 01:41 PM
If you have gone to MEPS then I don't think so but I'd tell my recruiter.

NOW if you haven't gone to MEPS then yes this may be a issue.

Regardless its something to tell you recruiter.

MunkyVsRobot
03-26-11, 03:32 PM
I wouldnt think that this would be a DQ, I would most definately call my recruiter and tell him about this though. I am pretty sure though this could set back your ship date.

Maybe you should do like Tavish and lock yourself in your room till you ship.

Domc
03-26-11, 05:11 PM
Teeth can effect your performance once it starts to go bad by pain, getting infected, and/or other stuff.

So yes it can disqualify you and you should get it dealt with.

Taviah
03-26-11, 05:53 PM
....Do like "Tavish"...I've become the example of things not to do while in the DEP. "Tune in next to see how he will injure himself next!"

MunkyVsRobot
03-26-11, 05:59 PM
hahaha My apologies on the mispelling of your name. Just make sure you dont do anything else before you hit MCRD

Taviah
03-26-11, 06:05 PM
Doesn't bother me, most people say my name wrong, let alone spell. My best friend said my name wrong for 2 years before he heard my mom say it.