PDA

View Full Version : What are some things I make sure to get in my contract?

Schade07
03-25-11, 08:21 PM
Everyone always says make sure you get everything in writing, but what should I make sure I get? My MOS is in Aviation Operations if that helps. Is there a signing bonus for this MOS that I need to bring up? Also I'm suppose to be going in as a E-2 because of referrals and if that fails I have 12 college credits which I read will put me to E-2. Do I have to get this in my contract to? What else? Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

semperfimrn1
03-25-11, 08:30 PM
if there is any bonus for that MOS, your recruiter will let you know

also yes the E-2 should be in your contract as well

MunkyVsRobot
03-26-11, 03:43 PM
if there is any bonus for that MOS, your recruiter will let you know

also yes the E-2 should be in your contract as well

+1

When I signed my open contract at the MEPS to DEP in it already had my E-2 on it.. Make sure it is on the final contract you sign before you ship.

The initial DEP contract isnt the important one the final one before you ship to MCRD is the important and final one. Make sure you read it over carefully and any and all guarantees you were promised are on this contract or you will not get it.

With regards to bonus' that you'd have to speak to your recruiter about, I spoke to my recruiter about them briefly from what I understand (if anyone has heard any different please correct me) that most new money is going to come out around October. The militarys fiscal year runs Oct - Oct.