PDA

View Full Version : Why Did You Do It?

USNAviator
03-24-11, 01:00 PM
WHY DID YOU DO IT STILES?

You came on here stating that your brother had been a Marine and been KIA in Falujah in April 2004. A horrible thing to have happened to a family. But it wasn't true was it?

Several members sent you a PM requesting your brothers name so that we could make a memorial thread as we always do . You responded that your brothers name was Robbert P Johnston KIA 4/23/2004. The way you spelled your brothers name sent up a red flag for me

I searched and searched all the known data bases for lists of KIA including the DoD, Marine Corps site, I even went so far as to start a thread asking for anyone to to disprove my doubts. Of course no one could because there never was a Robert P Johnston KIA

You came on here stating you were in college, looking forward to being a Doctor. You stole the affections and sympathies from many, some of whom perhaps actually lost a brother or son. But you did not care. Perhaps this was some sort of sick joke to you, perhaps you thought that if you could some how illicit sympathies you would gain favor with the Marines

Stiles your a thief and a liar.You stole valor from those who actually fought and gave their all. You stole honor from those on here that told you how sad they were that you lost your brother and you're a liar because you started this whole mess for whatever warped reason exists in your soul

Yesterday, I gave you 24 hours, I told you I would call you out if you did not clarify this situation. Consider yourself exposed

BauerBrat
03-24-11, 01:15 PM
Commander, I spent about 2 hours yesterday looking for this Johnston character. I couldn't find anything.

It's sad that someone would feel the need to come on here and lie about such a tragedy

Thank you Sir for exposing this turd

:flag: Semper Fi Sir

USNAviator
03-24-11, 01:57 PM
This the original post

"Dear Marines,
First I want to say how much I respect and look up to all of you. You are heros to me, my personal inspirations. Second, I just want to give you guys some back drop. My brother, a Marine, died in Fallujah. I wanted to be a Marine since he joined. I want to defend my country. I want to be the best of the best and join ranks of some of the greatest men and women I could think of. I'm in college and after I graduate, I wanna become a doctor. But...my mother is horrified. Not speaking to me. I feel as if this is where God wants me to go...I guess I'm just looking for some words of wisdom.

God bless you all"

hbharrison
03-24-11, 03:26 PM
Commander thankyou I have woundered about this person from the first.

Mongoose
03-24-11, 04:44 PM
This is more than likely a person that doesnt get much attention. Never accomplished anything he feels proud of. When you start out trying to be something your not, at his young age. He will most likely lead a miserable life.

Burke7051
03-24-11, 04:47 PM
This is more than likely a person that doesnt get much attention. Never accomplished anything he feels proud of. When you start out trying to be something your not, at his young age. He will most likely lead a miserable life.

:thumbup:

Wyoming
03-24-11, 05:04 PM
One lie begats another lie until the lies all seem the truth.

Well done Dan, thanks for the PM's.

Marine84
03-24-11, 05:27 PM
Now that's messed up! WTF?

Rocky C
03-24-11, 06:25 PM
Thank you Dan.

That's some sick, twisted sh*t !!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Vandrel
03-24-11, 06:34 PM
I remember seeing that post, I was going to reply but then I figured I'd wait for it to develope a little more.

tracs1833
03-25-11, 01:15 AM
Thank you Cmdr. for exposing this. To lie about something like that....what a sh*tbird!!!!

Bruce59
03-26-11, 11:08 AM

I agree with Mongoose. I have a saying I always try to follow "Don't clam to be what your not. Just be who you are, that should be more then enough".

doc h fmf
03-26-11, 11:47 AM
That Is Really F#$w#@ Up Thank You Sir> I Have Alot Of Friends Here In Bradenton Who Lost Their Son Cousin In Iraq And Here I Was Feeling Sorry For The S#$t Bird
Thank You Sir And Fair Winds

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Carpshooter
03-26-11, 12:19 PM
One lie begats another lie until the lies all seem the truth.

Well done Dan, thanks for the PM's.

Wyoming is thanking Dan ! :confused:

This place is amazing who sticks together over something as bad as this ! ( the way it should be )

Dan isn't so bad for a squid . :cool:

Thanks for letting us know this ! :iwo:

Wyoming
03-26-11, 12:49 PM
... and how / what did I do to get into this missive?

Carpshooter
03-26-11, 01:54 PM
Platinum Membership

I've always thought that ! :D

RLE0352
03-26-11, 03:14 PM
Well done.

jumpinjack
03-26-11, 04:14 PM
Well done Marine.

old grunt
03-27-11, 11:23 AM
Yes, thank you sir!! it's a shame that some people stoop that low but he's just part of that 10% and will pay sooner or later.

FoxtrotOscar
03-27-11, 01:52 PM
... and how / what did I do to get into this missive?

That's easy Al.... your sweet smiling disposition.... lol..

Good Job Dan...!!!

03Foxtrot
03-27-11, 02:41 PM
I too was hesitant to reply to the original post, only because I have learned to be more of a reader than a writer on most sites. I have found myself too often quickly speaking from my heart with conviction and emphasis on a subject that I regard as sacred, only to have others either ridicule or demean my words as being too sensitive, lacking what some perceive as humor in a situation where I find none. I was originally moved by the story that seemed believable and like most of you, thought it highly unlikely that anyone would fake such a story and because I want so very much to believe that the honor and respect that most of us possess as Marines, and our families reflect the same, precludes such a dishonorable and deceitful impersonation of what we take for granted. The world and this country is indeed full of people that I feel completely alienated from, people that I feel take the courage and honor of others for granted while possessing none themselves.
Semper Fi, Scott