PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps bootcamp video 1980s style

SkilletsUSMC
03-24-11, 01:34 AM
Oorah Marines! Long time no post... :beer:

I found this video, and it reminded me that I needed to log my ass back on and say HI.

I found this video to be "eye opening" in that the bootcamp experience seemed more realxed than I would have expected from the 'OLD CORPS'. :p

Hope this isnt a dupe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DShDaJXK5qo

EGTSpec
03-24-11, 08:10 AM
Oorah Marines! Long time no post... :beer:

I found this video, and it reminded me that I needed to log my ass back on and say HI.

I found this video to be "eye opening" in that the bootcamp experience seemed more realxed than I would have expected from the 'OLD CORPS'. :p

Hope this isnt a dupe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DShDaJXK5qoI watched a couple of the series. The sh!tbird narrating the series keeps refering to Marines, The Marine Corps, and Marine Recruits as "Army". That Turd shouldn't have even been allowed on base. His obviously anti-military bias is showing. And as for it being relaxed. That is obviously staged for the cameras. You know as soon as the cameras and film crew were gone, the Drill Instructors did some serious attitude adjustments on their Platoon.

elliscraig12
03-24-11, 09:42 AM
I watched a couple of the series. The sh!tbird narrating the series keeps refering to Marines, The Marine Corps, and Marine Recruits as "Army". That Turd shouldn't have even been allowed on base. His obviously anti-military bias is showing. And as for it being relaxed. That is obviously staged for the cameras. You know as soon as the cameras and film crew were gone, the Drill Instructors did some serious attitude adjustments on their Platoon.
I agree. I graduated 15 July 83 and my experience was nothing like this. It's been watered down BIG time. I'm surprised they let this moron on base.

Carpshooter
03-24-11, 09:47 AM
That film must of been produced by a bunch of losers at Parris Island , as that baby stuff never happened in my platoon at San Diego when I was inducted into the Corps back in April of '69 ! <br />
<br />
I...

SkilletsUSMC
03-24-11, 11:31 AM
I figured it was watered down for the cameras...

I didn't see him as being disrespectful by calling Marines "soldiers" as much as he was comparing Marines to the long tradition of soldiering. Thats a reality. Marines are infact Soldiers by profession, though we identify as MARINES.

As for anti war bias? Maybe he has it. but honestly it didn't ping my peacenik radar. I guess I'm so used to seeing the Cindy Sheehans of the world that the report seemed like impartial journalism. It's not like hes a hippy. He talks about his own service a bit. Recognizing that war is an ugly thing =/= libtard peace freak in my book.

Anyway hope you all enjoyed it, despite the "problems"

Kegler300
03-24-11, 11:49 AM
The 1980's is Old Corps?

Carpshooter
03-24-11, 12:54 PM
I figured it was watered down for the cameras...

I didn't see him as being disrespectful by calling Marines "soldiers" as much as he was comparing Marines to the long tradition of soldiering. Thats a reality. Marines are infact Soldiers by profession, though we identify as MARINES.

As for anti war bias? Maybe he has it. but honestly it didn't ping my peacenik radar. I guess I'm so used to seeing the Cindy Sheehans of the world that the report seemed like impartial journalism. It's not like hes a hippy. He talks about his own service a bit. Recognizing that war is an ugly thing =/= libtard peace freak in my book.

Anyway hope you all enjoyed it, despite the "problems"

Water down , yes as I could write a book about my boot camp expiriences , but my DIs claimed that they would make Boot Camp such hell that war would be heaven , I chose heaven over my boot camp expirience anyday !

I still have my platoon book that my DIs forced me to buy , like I really wanted it at the time !

You have to forgive me on my rants here cause I don't tell my family about this , just my Marine peers and it feels great to let loose among brothers ! :iwo:

Thankyou all and Semper Fi , Carpshooter

acg8276
03-24-11, 01:52 PM
Keep in mind Youtube rarely makes it to PG-13 let alone 1nth of the **** we put up with in bootcamp. San Diego/ Parris Island, no matter. When they start talking about Suzzy rotten Crouch on the evening news you'll start seeing more realistic **** on Youtube. Hell I've listen to several of the cadence clips on Youtube and not a once a mention of momma wanting some PT from pop. Or crushing the birds head that **** in your eye. Or Lipiyo May, that hot F&*$#@ coksvkn* Mexican .............or...........

SkilletsUSMC
03-24-11, 01:53 PM
The 1980's is Old Corps?

Mehh... Everybody's a boot to somebody.