PDA

View Full Version : Request for Poolee status

BaronVonFarlon
03-22-11, 07:27 PM
This poolee signed his papers and completed MEPS today. He humbly requests that the moderators change his status. If this is not the correct way to ask for a status change this poolee apologizes.

Devil1087
03-22-11, 08:10 PM
Jesus christ, you're not in boot camp son, you can say "I"...

Speaking in the third person is just annoying, boots always do it when they get to MCT..

Amtracker1833
03-22-11, 09:46 PM

Speaking in the third person is just annoying, boots always do it when they get to MCT..

lol, thats it, just lol

YourPhoneIsMine
03-22-11, 10:24 PM

this a million times over

and for the love of frak, don't start addressing yourself as "Poolee <lastname>" Poolee isn't a rank or a title or an honorific. But definitely don't start talking in the third person yet and when you're there don't make your family facepalm by saying "this recruit" in letters to mom

Don't worry, bro, you'll get used to it. Just like the drill instructors are able to turn the character off and on you'll learn how to go from talking like a recruit in their presence and talking like a human being when it's just you and your platoon mates.

Relax. :beer:

BaronVonFarlon
03-23-11, 09:18 AM
Sorry guys I was just trying to follow the site etiquette :scared:. I have just seen so many posts where people get torn a new **** and after the speech my recruiter gave me about "You will now practice addressing Marines by their rank and title etc. etc. etc." I guess I'll just go have a :beer: and relax :p

Lisa 23
03-23-11, 09:29 AM
Sorry guys I was just trying to follow the site etiquette :scared:.

And it's Marines, not guys.

SGT7477
03-23-11, 09:51 AM

Or Me,lol, Semper Fidelis.:D

SGT7477
03-23-11, 09:56 AM
Sorry guys I was just trying to follow the site etiquette :scared:. I have just seen so many posts where people get torn a new **** and after the speech my recruiter gave me about "You will now practice addressing Marines by their rank and title etc. etc. etc." I guess I'll just go have a :beer: and relax :p
Another thing to remember you pizz one Marine off you will have to deal with all of us, Semper Fidelis.

SGT7477
03-23-11, 09:57 AM
And it's Marines, not guys.
I must have been sleeping, Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

BaronVonFarlon
03-23-11, 10:13 AM
Aye Sir!

Lisa 23
03-23-11, 10:33 AM
Aye Sir!

I don't think so...........

Devil1087
03-23-11, 11:33 AM
implying anyone but regulars on this site know you're a WM, don't get butthurt when nothing on your avatar shows that you are, don't expect everyone to read your profile before responding to you.

I called me recruiter "dude" the whole time i was a poolee, he didn't care.

PJones64
03-23-11, 11:37 AM
That should be done by private message, not in front of poolees. It encourages disrespect, which is prevalent enough as it is.
And had I been your recruiter, "dude" would've been used just once.

Lisa 23
03-23-11, 11:41 AM
I've been called Sir before even with my current avatar....

Old Marine
03-23-11, 12:02 PM
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

YourPhoneIsMine
03-23-11, 01:29 PM
Aye Sir!

I don't think so...........

LOLOLOLOL

That should be done by private message, not in front of poolees. It encourages disrespect, which is prevalent enough as it is.
And had I been your recruiter, "dude" would've been used just once.
I called mine dude, bro and jokingly dickhead more than a few times. Haters gonna hate, civilians gonna civil.

UMDStudent24
03-23-11, 11:01 PM
LOLOLOLOL

I called mine dude, bro and jokingly dickhead more than a few times. Haters gonna hate, civilians gonna civil.

I've been called "dude," "man," "guy," and more at my current billet. For applicants that have been selected and are going to OCS, I try to take them aside and give them a brief class on customs and courtesies so they don't get railed at training. For individuals in the application process, I don't really care. However, a prior-enlisted Air National Guardsman did it recently and my blood boiled. Its one thing when a poolee/applicant has no idea about customs and courtesies; they will learn it later on, but when a member of the Armed Services comes into our office, interested in becoming a Marine Officer, refers to me and my colleagues as "dude" and says "What's up Lieutenant!?"..... absolutely unacceptable.

If he has no respect for the rank or the position, I don't think we should assist him by providing the opportunity to earn that rank and position. :mad:
However, that is not my decision to make.

YourPhoneIsMine
03-24-11, 07:58 AM
that makes sense. even now I'll refer to someone I know is an officer even out of uniform in the proper manner until they say otherwise, which they usually do. the exception is all of my friends that commissioned and I've known since any of us took any kind of oath

UMDStudent24
03-24-11, 11:56 AM
that makes sense. even now I'll refer to someone I know is an officer even out of uniform in the proper manner until they say otherwise, which they usually do. the exception is all of my friends that commissioned and I've known since any of us took any kind of oath

That's what I'd always done when I was a candidate, and always do with senior officers.

DrZ
03-24-11, 12:07 PM
That's what I'd always done when I was a candidate, and always do with senior officers.

LOL.... LT don't even talk to that poolee. Speaking to an officer would assuredly make his head explode!