PDA

View Full Version : Is my scalp examined at MEPS?

jd5989
03-21-11, 06:19 PM
Do they closely examine my scalp at MEPS? I'm afraid I might have some dry skin and will be TDQ'ed.

Lisa 23
03-21-11, 06:22 PM
There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

jd5989
03-21-11, 06:28 PM
There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

All I was asking if they will examine my scalp. I figure many people here have been to MEPS and would know.

Rocky C
03-21-11, 06:32 PM
Tea Tree Oil Shampoo is Your Best Friend.

Works for me !!!

Lisa 23
03-21-11, 06:37 PM
All I was asking if they will examine my scalp. I figure many people here have been to MEPS and would know.

And all I as doing was giving you an answer.
If you have a dry scalp, take Rhode Island's suggestion and get yourself some medicated shampoo.

Wyoming
03-21-11, 06:57 PM
... and take a new pillow to basic.

The one they issue may have head lice, and with your scalp issues, you do not want any problems.

Old Marine
03-21-11, 08:00 PM
Call the Avon Lady. They sell a great product called Skin So Soft. It will also keep the sand fleas off of you.

Marine3451
03-22-11, 01:56 PM
Vagasil is your best friend in the Marine Corps. If you think you might have something wrong just rub a little vagasil on it and it will be ok

YourPhoneIsMine
03-22-11, 03:35 PM
Head & Shoulders, dude

topless617
03-22-11, 04:32 PM
I agree, go out and get some Head and Shoulders, it works wonders. And the Avon Skin So Soft is a definite want to get for boot camp, it keeps the sand fleas off as Old Marine stated.
But as for your question, no they most likely wont examine your scalp.

Amtracker1833
03-22-11, 05:19 PM
... and take a new pillow to basic.

The one they issue may have head lice, and with your scalp issues, you do not want any problems.

Take a pillow with you? What? Your insane to do that.

Zulu 36
03-22-11, 05:32 PM
I don't know. When I was on the yellow footprints I was thinking that I should have had my head examined for being there. Is that the same thing? :marine:

Wyoming
03-22-11, 06:14 PM
Take a pillow with you? What? Your insane to do that.

Hey Bright Lights, welcome to the site.

It'll take you a while to catch up, so, this may help.

Just Click Here! (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102570)

:bunny:

Amtracker1833
03-22-11, 09:42 PM
ROFL ok ok ok, thats great.