PDA

View Full Version : Active Duty to Reserves

achilles097
03-21-11, 06:19 PM
I have done searches, but most cover the switch from Reserves to Active Duty. I did a semester in college and want to head back to school after my four years (or more) is over. Is it possible to become a Reservist after my Active Duty time is over? Would I EAS and then re-enlist? I am looking at picking up a BS in Accounting. I just like having a guideline for the future.

I don't know yet if it's a possibility that I will try out for OCS, but I am looking at joining the CIA after all is said and done regardless. Nothing media related influenced me, it's more or less a legacy thing in my family.

slimmy07
03-21-11, 06:34 PM
Yes, after your active duty enlistment is up.

achilles097
03-21-11, 06:37 PM
Yes, after your active duty enlistment is up.

Is it as difficult as re-enlisting into Active Duty? I asked my recruiter and he said it's a lot tougher to get into AD after your EAS. He doesn't know about Reserves.

slimmy07
03-22-11, 03:11 PM
No, its way easier than trying to go back to active duty. If you leave AD, the chances of you getting back in right now is very slim. You would contact a prior service recruiter and get the ball rolling. It's pretty easy as long as you have a good re-enlistment code.