PDA

View Full Version : The contradiction

MikeW53
03-21-11, 12:54 AM
Before saying anything I would like to let everyone know that I am not even a poolee yet, not for another three weeks. So if i should not be posting in this forum please let me know and I will remove it.

One major reason for me wanting to become a Marine is because I am sick of the general population that I am around *****ing about how difficult life is and how their actions speak for them. I am 18 and as far as I can tell my generation is pitiful. Four out of five of the girls from my high school just want to go to college do drugs and shake their asses and not care how they get there and the guys just want to go to college do drugs and **** them. While watching the documentary Collapse (about the world peaking on oil and the aftermath) I realized that oil is the key to allowing my generation to become the way they have because with out it we would all be pushing plows. I don't mean to infringe or say any other belief is wrong but it's my personal belief that oil in the Middle East is largely why we are over there, if not the reason. Again, just my opinion.

So based on my opinions about it all, I am trying to set myself apart from my generation by leaving to a place (The Marines) that has higher standards from everyone. But in doing so i am fueling my generation. The contradiction.

Please tell me if my opinions on oil in the Middle East has offended any of you, I do not mean to and appreciate if anyone can tell me what offended you so i can edit it.

Covey_Rider
03-21-11, 01:26 AM
Yep, wrong area. The Poolee hall is where this should be. I understand you're not a Poolee yet, however that area is for Poolees/Wannabes so you're fine to post there.