PDA

View Full Version : Medically waived for AROTC. Do I need to bring the paperwork to my USMC recruiter?

dcrowley23
03-20-11, 08:38 PM
I was in Army ROTC in college for 1.5 years. Took the physical by DoDMERB and passed it, but I did need a medical waiver for a varicocele vein in my scrotum. I dropped AROTC for other reasons, but got all the paperwork about my waiver and saying I was approved for a medical waiver for the vein.

A couple years later to today, I'm enlisting in the Marines. In January I had outpatient surgery to remove the varicocele vein and it was successful. My recruiter wants all the paperwork from the surgery so we can send that to MEPS and I got it, but I just remembered I have the paperwork from AROTC. Do you think that is someone MEPS will want to see or something that could help me? I don't want to call my recruiter's cell this late on a Sunday and I want to know if I should bring this when I see him possibly tomorrow to send in everything to MEPS?

Phantom Blooper
03-20-11, 08:43 PM
Take ANYTHING related to this issue to the recruiters office and let him figure it out.

Make copies for yourself if he needs originals...

dcrowley23
03-20-11, 08:44 PM
Take ANYTHING related to this issue to the recruiters office and let him figure it out.

Make copies for yourself if he needs originals...

I will. He is going to hate me. I already got a stack 50 pages thick. This is going to add 15 more.

Lisa 23
03-20-11, 09:06 PM
There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website.

================================================== ====

Hematoma in my scrotum
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101892&highlight=varicocele+vein