PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about my MOS.

White Lightning
03-20-11, 07:15 PM
I leave for bootcamp on August 1st of 2011. I signed my contract under Marine Corps Security Forces (PRP). I'm content with this job, but I'm just curious, what exactly will I be doing? I know that after I serve my 5 years in the security forces, I'll go to regular infantry. But what will I be doing in the Security Forces (PRP)? Will I be guarding people? Bases? Embassies? Convoys? I'm just looking for a more in depth description. Also, what training will I go through after recruit training and ITB? Thanks.
<!-- / message -->

shadox
03-25-11, 09:39 AM
Google is your friend http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/8152new.htm

Wouldn't hurt to ask your recruiter these questions as well. Hope this helps a little.

Tbrown10
03-25-11, 07:49 PM
What i did was get on all my Marine friends facebooks and check out some of their friends that have the MOS i want and send em a message. Its kinda stalkerish but i wanted a no BS answer, and i sure got it lol

Buhler
03-25-11, 09:48 PM
Maybe this will help?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13812

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but its something

MunkyVsRobot
03-26-11, 03:36 PM
I wouldnt worry too much about what you are going to do after your first 5 years of enlistment when you havent made it through Boot Camp yet. Understandable the excitement and dilemma of joining the Marines makes you think about a lot of possibilities but might I suggest first worrying about attaining the EGA and Title of Marine first?

But as stated before check google, sometimes that brings up a lot of information. Heck it is better than the search function on this site it brings up tons of the older posts.

USMC Infantry
03-28-11, 12:03 PM
hey I have the same ship date as you. I also had the same MOS but I was able to get my hands on an infantry contract. ;)

Bagwell916
03-28-11, 12:32 PM
You let go of Marine Corps Security Forces for Infantry? :(

USMC Infantry
03-30-11, 12:57 PM
You let go of Marine Corps Security Forces for Infantry? :(

hell yeaa! I heard apart from the training security forces is boring as **** unless you enjoy guarding fences 24 hours a day..