PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about my MOS.

White Lightning
03-20-11, 06:52 PM
I leave for bootcamp on August 1st of 2011. I signed my contract under Marine Corps Security Forces (PRP). I'm content with this job, but I'm just curious, what exactly will I be doing? I know that after I serve my 5 years in the security forces, I'll go to regular infantry. But what will I be doing in the Security Forces (PRP)? Will I be guarding people? Bases? Embassies? Convoys? I'm just looking for a more in depth description. Also, what training will I go through after recruit training and ITB?

Lisa 23
03-20-11, 08:12 PM
You wannabes and pooles really should use the search bar first before posting. Most of the time, you'll find that the questions you want answers to, have already been talked about.

White Lightning
03-20-11, 09:22 PM
You wannabes and pooles really should use the search bar first before posting. Most of the time, you'll find that the questions you want answers to, have already been talked about.

If you aren't going to answer my question, then don't post. Simple. And I did search, thank you, to find thousands of threads that I did not feel like searching through. I'd rather get an answer this way, as it's easier.

Lisa 23
03-20-11, 09:33 PM
If you aren't going to answer my question, then don't post. Simple. And I did search, thank you, to find thousands of threads that I did not feel like searching through. I'd rather get an answer this way, as it's easier.

I'm going to tell you what I told another wannabe on here.....don't ever tell a Marine where they can and can't post.
If you already did a search, all you had to say was, "thanks Marine, but I already did a search and didn't get the answers I was looking for."
Don't come on here and cop an attitude just because you don't like what I posted. Leave the attitude at the door.....

White Lightning
03-20-11, 09:34 PM
I too saw a big article via Google, and wondered why you did not see it before you posted, but did not say anything, as the topic itself could be sensitive to talk about in an open forum, given what they do.
But you are another one with a fresh mouth, telling a Marine not to post if she is not going to answer your question, after she just pointed out the benefits of searching, and you did not feel like searching, and it is easier to get an answer this way---so all in all we are not impressed with you any more than we are with various individuals lately on this section of the forum who feel entitled. They feel that the universe revolves around them, and they are a dime a dozen lately, and you just joined their proud ranks. Congratulations, smart guy.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, I'm just looking for answers. I'm finding all sorts of different stuff on google, and I figured it would be smarter to ask a marine you know? Someone who knows what they're talking about. I apologize if I came off wrong.

White Lightning
03-20-11, 09:36 PM
I'm going to tell you what I told another wannabe on here.....don't ever tell a Marine where they can and can't post.
If you already did a search, all you had to say was, "thanks Marine, but I already did a search and didn't get the answers I was looking for."
Don't come on here and cop an attitude just because you don't like what I posted. Leave the attitude at the door.....

I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, I'm just looking for answers. I'm finding all sorts of different stuff on google, and I figured it would be smarter to ask a marine you know? Someone who knows what they're talking about. I apologize if I came off wrong.

White Lightning
03-20-11, 09:39 PM
Another candidate for the black helos, as soon as the moderator gets here. I am going to report every single one of these, have not done so yet, others have, but will do my share from now on.

No no no, do not tell me you did not mean to do this or that. That's what everyone says. You really have to go back and read the post to see the real flavor of it. This is amazing, NO ONE ever admits they were disrespectful. They say it was an accident. How could that be an accident?

But that's it, it's like talking to the wall here lately. Reporting it, someone else can deal with you and the last twenty folks who came off acting like gee, me? disrespectful? ME?

I never said you were disrespectful. I admit I was and I apologize Marine. I'm just trying to find the answers I'm looking for.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 09:42 PM

OK what did you find on Google? Why is it confusing you? Didn't your recruiter explain it to you?

White Lightning
03-20-11, 09:43 PM
I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not, but I assure you it won't happen again. Would you happen to be able to help me in my question?

White Lightning
03-20-11, 09:45 PM
OK what did you find on Google? Why is it confusing you? Didn't your recruiter explain it to you?

He did, but he wasn't extremely familiar with the job. I'm finding a lot of things on different websites that contradict eachother, which is why I chose to come here.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 09:46 PM
I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not, but I assure you it won't happen again. Would you happen to be able to help me in my question?

Are you taking to me or someone else? No sarcasm intended unless you push the issue

White Lightning
03-20-11, 09:48 PM
The sarcasm message was for Dave. The other one was for you USN.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 09:52 PM
He did, but he wasn't extremely familiar with the job. I'm finding a lot of things on different websites that contradict eachother, which is why I chose to come here.

Son why are you worrying about this now? Get through boot, earn the EGA and in time all will be revealed. I can't help you, to be honest, perhaps some enlightened soul will step in.Someone closer to your age. Covey, you out there?

Lisa 23
03-20-11, 09:56 PM
I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, I'm just looking for answers. I'm finding all sorts of different stuff on google, and I figured it would be smarter to ask a marine (Marine) you know? Someone who knows what they're talking about. I apologize if I came off wrong.

Did you ever think that you may not get the answers you're looking for because those Marines who have this MOS, are on deployment now?