PDA

View Full Version : A Copy of CCW for My Recruiter?

NickJohnson
03-19-11, 07:41 PM
I just need to know if I get my Concealed Carry License do I need to give a copy of the license along with a copy of my Firearms Safety Course to my Recruiter? My Recruiter is out of town and my folder is bulging already (and probably aggravated due to all of the documents).

TunTvrnWarrior
03-19-11, 10:23 PM
I just need to know if I get my Concealed Carry License do I need to give a copy of the license along with a copy of my Firearms Safety Course to my Recruiter? My Recruiter is out of town and my folder is bulging already (and probably aggravated due to all of the documents).

This is a question for your recruiter. There is nothing wrong with haveing a legal Conceal Carry License. When you get to the fleet, you will not be allowed to keep a weapon in your barraks. Your privately owned weapon will need to be checked in and out of the armory. Before you even decide to bring it to your duty station, get with your new command at your permanant duty station for protocol on this.

YourPhoneIsMine
03-21-11, 12:04 PM
There's no reason he would need it. It's not going to matter to the Marine Corps until you've arrived at your first unit and decide to bring your guns with you. It won't even end up in your packet and even if he bothers putting it in MEPS will probably toss it in the trash because it's wholly irrelevant to them.

afraziaaaa
03-21-11, 03:06 PM

No, but congrats.

USMC 3531
03-25-11, 07:04 PM
No they would not have any reason for it. Plus when u get to your duty station where ever that might be it would not be smart to carry on base there is not really a need to.