PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss can be done.

SoonToBe3521
03-18-11, 11:41 AM
Before: http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd516/AminehJarrah/before.jpg

After: http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd516/AminehJarrah/after.jpg

(there are full body ones in my profile)

Either way, From August 2010 to March 2011, I've gone from weighing 226 lbs, 62% body fat, (I'm a 5'3" female mind you) to 162 lbs/26% body fat. Normally for my height you'd need to be 141 lbs or under, but I meet the body fat percentage requirement.
If you've been trying for a long time to lose weight and are upset that you haven't reached lost anything, you're doing something wrong. Cheat days will cause you problems, and your idea of a proper serving is probably wrong. If you aren't drinking plenty of water, meaning 64-100oz a day, you'll have more trouble. Anyway, I just thought I'd post this to see if it could help anyone stay motivated, if anyone's curious about anything just let me know, I'm always around.

holey336
03-20-11, 04:33 PM
:scared: wow congrats! Even thought im in my proper weight range it always inspires me to see people who are dedicated enough to make this big of a change to follow their dreams of joing the Marine Corps. we all have things we need to work on (running for me) and to see someone put in so much work makes me want to go all out and reach my goals too. once again great job!!:thumbup:

Honcho1010
03-20-11, 09:47 PM
Wow. You were indeed a fat ass lol. Congrats man. That's one hell of an accomplishment.

SoonToBe3521
03-20-11, 10:06 PM
Bahaha. Yeah, it was ridiculous. I had no idea how bad it was until after I lost the weight and was looking at my pictures.

IHaveEGA843
03-20-11, 11:00 PM
Great stuff miss. Do you know the Recruiters look at this as the test to actually see if you want to become a Marine?

Many people come into the local RS saying they do and if their over weight they see if you'll lose the weight to get into the DEP. I had to go through it, they didn't even care about the IST but it was just me getting to that MEPS and Ship weight.

You've done great miss and if I was a recruiter I know you would have the drive to finish Recruit Training because to lose weight you have to push yourself.

SoonToBe3521
03-21-11, 01:36 AM
Thanks! My Recruiter was really helpful with keeping me motivated, he said that same thing himself, that he was willing to help because my determination showed. Before I was able to officially DEP, he gave me the title of "Extended DEP", for motivation I'm sure, since that's not an official title. But it did help, knowing he considered me one of the Poolees!

IHaveEGA843
03-21-11, 07:22 AM
Some people complain alot about their Recruiters but I kind of find them to actually want the best for their Poolees rather then just pushing them along. My first recruiter said he didn't want me to go into the PCP because he went through it and knew how demoto I would become because he went through it and experienced it.

No pushing, no cussing, no nothing but straight up respect even though at times I thought he wasn't as concerned but I do see he was. I respect him alot for just giving me the right info instead of the wrong info and pushing me along the processes to add to the monthly numbers *Army dragged me in like that 3 years ago*. My current Recruiter is cool and hes striving to have me sent asap because thats what I actually want.

I know how it is to be heavy and lose the weight. From diet changing to working out DAILY to get the weight off was a challenge because I had to balance that and work at the same time. Many times when my weight didn't drop I would become mad and just say **** it but I'd remember that I want to become a Marine. I'm glad I've strived to become a Marine because it has begun a physical fitness journey I've never embarked on and now I feel 100% better that the weight is leaving and I'm getting slimmer and slimmer.

My knees thank the Marines alot also because they don't hurt anymore from the weight reduction. No more shin splints/horrible shin muscle tightness while running!

Continue to strive for the title miss. I'm positive its worth it!

PooleeGewarges
03-21-11, 01:07 PM
Amazing, you made me feel pretty motivated right about now. Keep up the hard work and you will soon be in the best shape of your life, or at least feel like it. :devious:

SoonToBe3521
03-21-11, 01:21 PM
Yeah, weight loss is definitely discouraging because you don't see results overnight. But I don't want to end up in PCP, and it also is doing wonders on my ankle. I have the biggest plate they make and 14 screws in it, so losing the weight was great for making it feel better when running.

And PooleeGewarges, I just notice I have a friend who's shipping the same date as you, same battalion, same company. Haha!

Taviah
03-21-11, 01:27 PM
I got down where I needed to be before talking to a recruiter, made the process of getting into the DEP a lot easier. The day after I met my recruiter I was off to MEPS and swore in.

PooleeGewarges
03-21-11, 05:18 PM
Yeah, weight loss is definitely discouraging because you don't see results overnight. But I don't want to end up in PCP, and it also is doing wonders on my ankle. I have the biggest plate they make and 14 screws in it, so losing the weight was great for making it feel better when running.

And PooleeGewarges, I just notice I have a friend who's shipping the same date as you, same battalion, same company. Haha!

Nice. Is he on these forums?

SoonToBe3521
03-24-11, 01:03 PM
No, I met him in a game somewhere on the internet, his name was Jamal. So if you're going to MCRDPI and meet a Jamal, that'd be him :P

PooleeGewarges
03-24-11, 05:21 PM
No, I met him in a game somewhere on the internet, his name was Jamal. So if you're going to MCRDPI and meet a Jamal, that'd be him :P

There is a poolee member here in the forums named Jamal and he has the same ship date as me. His username is New Jersey. :confused:

SoonToBe3521
03-24-11, 05:26 PM
That's hilarious, he's the one. I had no idea he had an account on this site though. Too funny.

USMC Infantry
03-28-11, 12:02 PM
holy **** you were a blimp. Congratz on burning down that load and keep working at it snorlax.

i am told im a great motivator

Heatherm103
05-17-11, 02:52 AM
To back up STB I have had problems with my weight for years and when I told my recruiter that I wanted to be a Marine he told me I had to lose 30lbs.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/Heatherm103/user84116_pic14662_1305223025.jpg
befor

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/Heatherm103/user84116_pic14663_1305223025.jpg
after

I lost 35lbs in 2 months. Cut all suger, salt, oils, carbs, red meat and pork. I took a lot of vitamins and worked out everyday. ALso ran off pure motivation. I agree with STB dont cheat. It messes with your head.

My parents always said if somethings worth haveing its worth working hard for. I think the Marines are worth it and so I worked hard. Hope that helps with someone who thinks they cant do it. If I can you better belive you can.

MunkyVsRobot
05-17-11, 06:15 AM
Lookin good :D Gratz to the both of you, im sure it makes you 100x more moto seeing the progress youve made.

To back up STB I have had problems with my weight for years and when I told my recruiter that I wanted to be a Marine he told me I had to lose 30lbs.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/Heatherm103/user84116_pic14662_1305223025.jpg
befor

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/Heatherm103/user84116_pic14663_1305223025.jpg
after

I lost 35lbs in 2 months. Cut all suger, salt, oils, carbs, red meat and pork. I took a lot of vitamins and worked out everyday. ALso ran off pure motivation. I agree with STB dont cheat. It messes with your head.

My parents always said if somethings worth haveing its worth working hard for. I think the Marines are worth it and so I worked hard. Hope that helps with someone who thinks they cant do it. If I can you better belive you can.

IHaveEGA843
05-17-11, 06:52 AM
Good stuff Heather!

I must agree when you cut alot of stuff out of your diet you do drop weight faster.

The Corps has brought a new me and new apperance out already and I haven't even been to Recruit Training yet!