PDA

View Full Version : Left Over Right, Right Over Left?

Bagwell916
03-18-11, 09:02 AM
Good Morning Marines,

To the point; Yesterday at our PT session, we had a few Poolees at Parade Rest and seemed to be confused about the way their hands should be placed together.

Question; At Parade Rest with your hands in the small of your back (Correct?), do your hands go together as Left over Right or Right over Left?

Thank you in advance for getting back to me.

advanced
03-18-11, 09:28 AM
Right over left.

Lisa 23
03-18-11, 09:29 AM
Place your hands at the small of your back, centered on your belt. Interlock your thumbs with your right palm outward with the back of your left hand against the small of your back.

http://www.freewebs.com/prk4/Fig3-2.gif

Bagwell916
03-18-11, 11:31 AM
Thank you for the picture and the answers Marines.

Wyoming
03-18-11, 12:15 PM
How about your laces bagwell, how should they be, left over right, or right over left?

Bagwell916
03-18-11, 07:10 PM
Good Evening Corporal!

I've always been told that everything is Left over Right and just last week I was talking to Gunnery Sergeant Lumm about Laces.

It's my understanding that Laces are always, Left Over Right, Pull Em Tight, Knots In The End, Pull The Loop Until Knots Are At The End, And Tuck Em In, Sir.

SGT7477
03-18-11, 08:55 PM
Good Evening Corporal!

I've always been told that everything is Left over Right and just last week I was talking to Gunnery Sergeant Lumm about Laces.

It's my understanding that Laces are always, Left Over Right, Pull Em Tight, Knots In The End, Pull The Loop Until Knots Are At The End, And Tuck Em In, Sir.
Blousing your boots takes care of that, Semper Fidelis.

Bagwell916
03-18-11, 09:07 PM
Aye Aye Sir

Quinbo
03-18-11, 09:17 PM
Shoes and boots are laced left over right with a bridge. The bridge is the first two holes are laced in from the outside. Next laces are at the bottem near the tongue and left over right of course. All other holes are from the inside going out in a left over right fashion to the top. Makes it easier to pull your boots tight when laced in this fashion. If you are right handed and therefore right footed your laces and your boots will last longer and your boots will last longer laced like this.

Learn something new every day ;)

Gunz
03-18-11, 09:19 PM
It's refreshing to see a respectful Poolee on here. I was starting to think they didn't exist.

:thumbup:

Bagwell916
03-18-11, 09:20 PM
Definitely just keep learning new things through this website and you Marines.

Thank you for the information Sergeant!

It's refreshing to see a respectful Poolee on here. I was starting to think they didn't exist.

Good Evening Gunney! Thank you for your words. It's a hell of a generation to born into but hopefully some of us can lead by example.