PDA

View Full Version : Pateller Tendonitis

Pvt Hardy
03-17-11, 11:18 PM
so i finally went to the Doc and i have Pateller Tendinitis... i can run but i cant run too much without it hurting.... but at the same time im still going to bootcamp and i WILL become a United States Marine no questions asked. i just wanna know what do you think my chances are of getting through boot camp

Lone Star Mike
03-18-11, 09:10 AM
You don't ship for nearly 3 months.

From what I understand tendonitis is mostly just an inflammation of the tendon's thus causing join pain and lack of mobility/support. Did your doctor give you an MRI of your knee or does he just think its tendonitis because of the pain and location? Did he not discuss recovery and treatment with you?

If you give your joint proper rest and recovery time it will heal itself. 3 months is still a long way away and unless it is a serious case you should find yourself healed long before then with proper rest and recovery. Proper stretching and warm up as well as easing back into exercising is important when you feel better in order to prevent reinjury.

Depending on the severity they might have also given you anti-inflammatory meds to help. If the injury is still fresh you should ice it 2-3 times a day to try and reduce some of the swelling. Don't apply heat yet as it promotes blood flow and will likely increase swelling. I can't believe your doctor didn't give you a plan for recovery?

Edit: By the way, running with an injured knee will not make it better. There is no pushing through the pain on this one.

Bagwell916
03-18-11, 09:30 AM
100% Chance of finishing Boot Camp ON TIME.

I dislocated my shoulder in January and had some trouble with it since then. It's been slowly healing and is almost back to full strength. I say give it time and see how it heals up.

If it doesn't heal up..? **** it, do all you can to overcome the obstacles in boot camp :)

Pvt Hardy
03-19-11, 10:05 PM
The doctor told me to wear a brace and take naproxin sodium twice a day the inflammation has gone down but theres still some pain in the knee it seems like its healing slowly but only time will tell

I dont care if i have to sPend 13 weeks in excrutiating pain im earning my title ive worked my butt of to get here

IHaveEGA843
03-20-11, 12:42 AM
Bro, the first reply to this thread is the best advice given. Pain is weakness leaving the body but do you know how many Recruits are sent home because of injuries or even just held back? Play it...

Tbrown10
03-21-11, 05:51 AM
You'll make it through bootcamp if you show the DI's you really want it. as long as you put out and give it everything you have my friend ( just graduated last friday) said they will make sure you Become a Marine

IHaveEGA843
03-21-11, 07:14 AM
^Congrats on earning the title Marine! All of us Poolees would love to see a thread about your journey in becoming apart of the greats fighting organizations of the world!

Anyway, I've been told the same by many Marines that I encounter. Alot of the newer Marines actually say the ENJOYED Recruit Training rather then hated it. Usually you get the answers of, "forming/recieving week is the hardest of all but once you pass that and go into phase 2 things begin to ease down and your platoon becomes more organized with the discipline and order that is pushed into."

Lord knows I'm ready to hit Parris Island head on!

Tbrown10
03-22-11, 09:15 AM
Im not a Marine, my friend is ( now at SOI west) sorry for the confussion

Good Squire
03-23-11, 07:35 PM
How do you run? Do you land on your heels, midfoot, forefoot, etc.? I used to have the worst shin splints ever until I cleaned up my running form.