PDA

View Full Version : ASVAB Questions

itsy
03-17-11, 02:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Mechincal Matinenance(MM) score consist of General Science, Auto & Shop Information, Mathematics Knowledge, and Mechanical Comprehension? I need to score a 105MM for crewchief. Is a 105mm rather difficult to score or just average? I was told by my recruiter that I could retake the ASVAB in 30 days for sure and then If I don't get the score I need by then- I wait 60 days... but I read on my ASVAB Study book this.

"The Marine Corps authorizes a retest if the applicant's previous test is expired. Otherwise, recruiters can request a retest as long as the retesting is required due to the initial scores(considering the applicant's education, training, and experience) don't appear to reflect his or her true capability. Addiontally, the retest can't be requested solely because the applican'ts initial test scores didn't meet the standards prescribed for enlistment options or programs."

Now mind you I only scored a 37 on my first practice test and he wanted to take me to MEPs the next day.. I know I want an AG Contract(Crewchief) and won't score 105mm the first attempt and told him that. For some reason he just wants me to take it anyways. As much as I want in the delayed entry program right now.. I need to do this right.

Any words of wisdom appretiated, thank you Marines.

devilbones2
03-18-11, 05:48 PM
Look at it this way. If you cant score a 105MM maybe you shouldnt be a crew chief. The scores are there for a reason. The MOSs are designed in a way where that is the LOWEST score they will allow you to obtain before considering you for the MOS, that doesnt even mean you have passed the school, just you meet the MINIMUM requirements to 'try out' for it. The ASVAB is a test of your aptitude, if you cannot score well enough why not shoot for an MOS that you may excel at?

slimmy07
03-21-11, 02:59 PM
the score of 37 does not matter for your MM score. I have enlisted kids that have scored 40 but had an MM of 105. On the other hand I have had kids with a 55 AFQT who couldnt even get 100 MM. I suggest you take it and see what you get. Those practices tests are nice, but they don't give you line scores. Good luck.

YourPhoneIsMine
03-21-11, 03:03 PM
you scored a 37?

go here http://www.khanacademy.org/ and take some basic courses in the subjects you're lacking. best of luck