PDA

View Full Version : Airwing to Security Forces

itsy
03-16-11, 09:30 PM
Very vague and simple question but would I be able to get a airwing contract (hoping for AG-Crewchief) and later apply for security forces during my same enlistment or is this only for 03xxs? Can this go in my contract? Also do you need a TS Security Clearance for SF? Thank you in advanced Marines.

TunTvrnWarrior
03-16-11, 09:35 PM
They will spend bookoo bucks on you to train you to be a crew-chief. It is highly doubtful they will allow you to transfer to that.

itsy
03-16-11, 09:48 PM
What about a MOS that required less training.. I would be willing to go into other fields to get into security forces at some point during my first enlistment. I would be willing to get into any MOS as long as I get to be a Marine.

TunTvrnWarrior
03-16-11, 09:50 PM
That is a possibility, but I would check with the recruiter what the promotion potential is in each field that you look at on an MOS.

thewookie
03-16-11, 10:06 PM
I would be willing to go into other fields to get into security forces at some point during my first enlistment.

Not likely, at all. They are not going to send you to SF school on your first tour unless it's part of a reenlistment package. Non-03's go to SF school on reenlistment, it's not 'some' school you just get. once you are done with SF school you will goto a SF duty station, whether that be Kings Bay or FAST or wherever. It's not like,,, rappel master school where you can go during an enlistment and then go back to your original unit. As previously stated... they are definitely not going to make you an air-crewman and then send you to SF school,, nope, no way.

itsy
03-16-11, 10:13 PM
From what I have read the SF contract is 5 years half of your time you will be in SF and the other half as a 0311 in the fleet... my question is will you most likley deploy as a 0311? Infantry is backed up for a year and a half as my recruiter tells me. Going SF might change that I'm hoping. My only concern is the TS Security clearance. Or is a clearance required for SF that are not apart of FAST?

thewookie
03-16-11, 10:27 PM
From what I have read the SF contract is 5 years half of your time you will be in SF and the other half as a 0311 in the fleet... my question is will you most likley deploy as a 0311? Infantry is backed up for a year and a half as my recruiter tells me. Going SF might change that I'm hoping. My only concern is the TS Security clearance. Or is a clearance required for SF that are not apart of FAST?

Will you deploy as an 03... hmm, lets see -- 03's fight the fight and there are lots of fights to fight,, so, when I shake my magic 8 ball it says the likelihood of you deploying as an 03 are very high. Anything more than that is speculation,, like you speculating if you even finish bootcamp. A lot of what if's.

You are going to need a clearance in SF if you are going to a PRP command,, if you are going to FAST,, you probably need a TS but you could get by with an S. But, don't take my word for that one, as things might have changed.

Tennessee Top
03-16-11, 11:40 PM
Got some skeletons in the closet that a clearance investigation may bring out? Maybe something your recruiter may like to know?