PDA

View Full Version : ANGLICO (Reserves)

Hughes24thMEU
03-14-11, 11:35 PM
I'm initiated into the Reserves as 0621 Field Radio Operator. Prior to MOS selection, I became fond of ANGLICO and their capabilties as a unit. I've done all the research I can, but still lack proper knowledge on acceptance into the 3rd and 4th Reserve companies of ANGLICO. From all my resources, I've simply been told that once I'm in my initial reserve unit, it will come to sheer luck if there is a spot open for ANGLICO; and if that luck appears, it will be based on volunteering within the available unit.

My question is if their is ANY way I could aggressively show my desire to become a member of the reserve components of ANGLICO. If so, I would like to know the necessary requirements, acceptance strategies, preparation and general knowledge as an operator.

Respectfully Submitted,
Matt Hughes

Hughes24thMEU
03-16-11, 04:50 PM
I apologize, but is this question difficult to answer? I've noticed my question has been skipped by the answering community...

devilbones2
03-16-11, 05:22 PM
Well is there an ANGLICO unit near you? You must live within 50 miles of some units for them to allow you to join. Hope that helps.

Hughes24thMEU
03-16-11, 06:21 PM
The 3rd and 4th reserve ANGLICO's are in California and Florida. I plan on attending a college in California, so I guess that should cover the location issue.

devilbones2
03-16-11, 06:26 PM
So how did you get an 0621 MOS without actually attaching to a unit? Anyway call or check the billet openings page for that unit and see if they are looking for any 0621s. Good luck.

Hughes24thMEU
03-16-11, 10:42 PM
So how did you get an 0621 MOS without actually attaching to a unit? Anyway call or check the billet openings page for that unit and see if they are looking for any 0621s. Good luck.

I believe I'm currently attached to a reserve unit in Belton, MO, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, my very first thought was to call up the individual units and request such information, but was later told to simply wait until I'm in my unit so as not to become a nuisance. Though if a Marine on here confirms my need to contact the unit, I will do so.