PDA

View Full Version : Medical Waiver

zack1011
03-14-11, 11:31 PM
Hi I am hoping to be a future Marine. I ran into one snag when at the recruiters office. They said I need a medical waiver for a rod and 4 screws I have in my right femur from a motorcycle accident when I was 16. I was wondering with past experience if I should go ahead and try to get a medical waiver which can take up to 3 months for a response and I heard its usually 50/50 on the decision. I was wondering the liklihood of getting my waiver accepted. The rod never causes any problems or pain and is in the middle of the bone so it can't be bumped nor get in the way. Another option I was thinking about was just getting it removed completely since the recovery rate is only 6 weeks max and ill be waiting anyways for a response. I really want to be a marine more than anything and don't want to lose my chance over my past. What would be the best option for getting in the marines? If i were to get the surgery what would i need to do to be considered eligable after.

Thank you,

Zack

Sgt Leprechaun
03-15-11, 05:31 AM
No profile, no answers I'm afraid. Send me a PM when you fill it out. Locked down until then.