PDA

View Full Version : Final Travel Claim

bobbyd123
03-14-11, 05:17 PM
I'm going to be leaving 29 Palms next week and I'll drive to my home or record in WV....a 2300 mile drive. I had planned on taking it nice and slow and stopping to visit some family for a few days about half way. Its a pretty long drive to drive to drive strait through plus I'm going to be on "vacation".

I spoke with my admin about what I should do if I'm going to take more than the alloted time to get home...and if I should just leave the extra gas/hotels reciepts out of the claim. The LCpl there said that if I go over the alloted time, I wont get reembursed. This seems pretty rediculous to me. I'm not asking for them to cover the costs of the extra time I'm taking. Just what I would normally be entitled to.

Does this sound correct to any of the admin guys on this forum?

Thanks in advance!

Bobby

pjgj13
03-14-11, 07:32 PM
They pay you from point A to point B. Anything other than that, is on you.

I got screwed big time when I went to my last duty station. There were 3 of us that were from MI, recently left Oki and went to Pendleton. My 2 friends got a nice travel reimbursement check. I, on the other hand, OWED $300 and had it taken out of my next check. This left me with almost nothing and with this check falling on a holiday (got paid 3 days early), I had to wait nearly 3 weeks from my next check.

How I owed anything and they didn't, even though all 3 of us basically lived within a 3 hour drive of each other, still amazes me nearly 20 years later.