PDA

View Full Version : enlisted to US Army ROTC?

jeep310
03-13-11, 10:47 PM
Anyone in an Army ROTC program at their college?
I'm a few months shy of my 4th year in the reserves with one deployment to Afghanistan, and should be transferring to a Cal State by 2012.
Thinking about joining the army, anyone made that switch around here?

josephd
03-13-11, 10:57 PM
Just curious but why not commission in the Marine Corps?

jeep310
03-13-11, 11:15 PM
ehhh I thought about trying to go to UCLA and doing naval ROTC, but my good friend recieved his commision through an Army ROTC program and he was prior enlisted Army, sold me some good points.

jeep310
03-13-11, 11:19 PM
lol I'm also a 3 year lance corporal with acombat deployment. 4.5 / 4.6 average but the 1720 cutting score is crazy.

josephd
03-13-11, 11:20 PM
You don't have to go through a NROTC program in order to commission in the Marine Corps, just contact an OSO in your area and they'll get you started on an OCS package.

jeep310
03-13-11, 11:26 PM
I really wasn't asking for information on how to become a Marine officer when I started this thread.

josephd
03-13-11, 11:36 PM
I really wasn't asking for information on how to become a Marine officer when I started this thread.

Ok, well I only know of one member here that is a prior enlisted Marine that is an Army officer. I can't think of his name off hand though.

This isn't an Army ROTC forum, it is a Marine Corps forum. If you have such an issue with me trying to help even if it is not what you want then go kick rocks. I have been through the OCS selection process and thought I could shed some light on what it takes. I guess not.

jeep310
03-13-11, 11:53 PM
Ok, well I only know of one member here that is a prior enlisted Marine that is an Army officer. I can't think of his name off hand though.
That was helpful, hopefully others know his name.

This isn't an Army ROTC forum, it is a Marine Corps forum.
*facepalm

I have been through the OCS selection process and thought I could shed some light on what it takes. I guess not.
Motivator, I'm just saying I didn't title the thread enlisted to Marine Officer.

Covey_Rider
03-14-11, 03:02 AM
Shall we get the ruler to find out who has the bigger dick? :)

gkmoz
03-14-11, 09:38 AM
Shall we get the ruler to find out who has the bigger dick? :)

Made me snicker for sure !!:bunny::bunny:

Sgt Leprechaun
03-14-11, 06:27 PM
Knock it off. You asked an open question, and someone came along to at least TRY and help. Lose the little 'toode about it.

And if someone wants to know who has the bigger crank...it's ME.

Just so we understand each other.

Brianhipwell
03-14-11, 06:43 PM
Knock it off. You asked an open question, and someone came along to at least TRY and help. Lose the little 'toode about it.

And if someone wants to know who has the bigger crank...it's ME.

Just so we understand each other.

That's not true....my mother-in law has the biggest.....Hi Honey...gotta go:cool:HIP

gwamo1
03-14-11, 10:02 PM
I got out in September and am currently going to a community college then transferring to Appalachian State, in NC. I'm going to do the Army ROTC program here. Talked to the Army recruiter about it and whatnot, they look forward to having me. Probably say that to everyone though haha.

VictoryttBold
03-14-11, 10:17 PM
:flag:I'd say he's kind of sensitive about the issue.

VictoryttBold
03-14-11, 10:40 PM
:flag:GSEMarine94 is the one you're looking for, but I don't think he's been around lately.

UMDStudent24
03-15-11, 08:29 PM
Nvm

josephd
03-15-11, 08:41 PM
Nvm

lol...how do already I know what you were gonna post sir!?!