PDA

View Full Version : Does TMO inspect your ****?

AlohaMarine
03-13-11, 12:52 PM
Im getting ready to TMO all my stuff back to the mainland. I had alot of footlockers and I diligently packed three of them and they are at 100% capacity. Everything is neatly organized and it is jam tight. You can throw the footlocker down the stairs and it won't get disorganized because thats how packed it is.

Anyway, I want to band them up just to be sure they don't open, the latches are pretty flimsy on a couple of them (Gorilla cases). If I band them/tape them/ up will TMO need to see whats inside? Its only clothes and papers and pens and **** like that, no weapons or hazmat.

When they come to take my stuff will they need to open it? Will they need to go through it? I really don't mind packing all my stuff up and just let them grab the boxes.

Old Marine
03-13-11, 01:01 PM
I figured that you being a grunt and all you wouldn't need these support units. Everyone knows that the grunts don't need support. Just strap the locker boxes to your back and go for it. lol.

Zulu 36
03-13-11, 03:59 PM
Call TMO and ask them.

Wyoming
03-13-11, 04:17 PM
Call TMO and ask them.

Facepalm!!

Duh!

How simple an answer!!

AlohaMarine
03-13-11, 06:51 PM
Its Sunday. I wanted to band my **** up this weekend.

But I guess I can wait. After all, alots changed since you guys got out in the '70s huh?

Covey_Rider
03-13-11, 06:55 PM
They didn't go through my stuff at all. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll overlook your dildos and cock rings and just let it all go. ;)

SGT7477
03-13-11, 07:01 PM
They didn't go through my stuff at all. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll overlook your dildos and cock rings and just let it all go. ;)
That's a good one,lol, Semper Fidelis.:D

Quinbo
03-13-11, 07:32 PM
I figured that you being a grunt and all you wouldn't need these support units. Everyone knows that the grunts don't need support. Just strap the locker boxes to your back and go for it. lol.

He works in supply.

Wyoming
03-13-11, 08:33 PM
He works in supply.

Prolly got a Jeep in one of his boxes.

Not sure what difference it makes as to when a Marine EAS'd. What is it that that makes you special, and trustworthy?

TinDragon
03-14-11, 05:09 AM
When I got my stuff TMOd the last time they did write down a basic inventory of what they packed, and another list of the valuable stuff. The list is essentially to help you out though, so if your stuff shows up minus that nice TV you own you can say "Look at this inventory! I'm missing this TV."

Other than that though, it doesn't really matter. You won't be able to say that you're missing anything really, but they don't really HAVE to go through your stuff.

iamspartacus
03-14-11, 11:01 AM
When they come to take my stuff will they need to open it? Will they need to go through it? I really don't mind packing all my stuff up and just let them grab the boxes.

Yes, if they do it like they are suppose to, they're going to have to inspect everything for liability reasons.

The first time I moved in the Marine Corps we actually had to be out of our house because our lease was up before TMO could get there. So we packed everything ourselves and moved it to a family member's garage to store for a few days until the movers came to pick it up. When TMO got there, they unpacked everything we had done and RE-PACKED it in their own boxes. Like I said, liability reasons. They have to make sure there isn't anything they can't ship (weapons, etc) and make sure nothing isn't already broken that you could come back later and say they broke.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-14-11, 09:54 PM
Best answer is 'it depends'. I've shipped stuff banded before, they basically told me it was fine that way as long as I had an inventory, and I accepted all responsibility.

gwamo1
03-14-11, 09:57 PM
Just tell them to pack it up. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. They don't use the most legit people for those jobs..... They probably will not care.

wildwoman73
03-15-11, 12:29 AM
Hahaha!! Yes, I agree that was funny. Just remember, and I only know this because a state trooper had me book a guy on an instanter complaint...some states only allow you to carry so many of those on hand!!! Try to keep a straight serious face while booking someone into jail.

AAV Crewchief
03-15-11, 07:32 AM
Oh I get to post by the prettiest woman on any forum today (Wild Woman). It is my lucky day.

AAV Crewchief
03-15-11, 07:34 AM
Im getting ready to TMO all my stuff back to the mainland. I had alot of footlockers and I diligently packed three of them and they are at 100% capacity. Everything is neatly organized and it is jam tight. You can throw the footlocker down the stairs and it won't get disorganized because thats how packed it is.

Anyway, I want to band them up just to be sure they don't open, the latches are pretty flimsy on a couple of them (Gorilla cases). If I band them/tape them/ up will TMO need to see whats inside? Its only clothes and papers and pens and **** like that, no weapons or hazmat.

Put double bubble wrap on the hookah pipes.:D

SGT7477
03-15-11, 09:56 AM
Hahaha!! Yes, I agree that was funny. Just remember, and I only know this because a state trooper had me book a guy on an instanter complaint...some states only allow you to carry so many of those on hand!!! Try to keep a straight serious face while booking someone into jail.
:D:D:D, Semper Fidelis.

wildwoman73
03-15-11, 01:46 PM
Oh I get to post by the prettiest woman on any forum today (Wild Woman). It is my lucky day.

:) Behind all that Mary Kay is a wicked witch of the south. hAHAHAHA

Sgt Leprechaun
03-15-11, 03:54 PM
Get a room you two!

MGySgtSki
03-15-11, 04:08 PM
If you pack your own stuff, the movers will just put codes on the inventory sheet that stand for packed by owner and contents not verified (or something along those lines). I've had movers try to put packed by owner on stuff they packed. Make sure you go through the inventory sheets with them. It'll save you some heartache down the road if you have to claim any damages or losses.