PDA

View Full Version : Gratest poser??

USNAviator
03-11-11, 12:52 PM
http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfirebase.net/Gugle%20Images/gugle3%20Photo%20in%20Uniform.jpg

http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfirebase.net/Gugle%20Images/Gugle%20Photo%20Tomb%20Unknown%20Quantico%20rev.jp g

SgtMaj. Larry E. Gugle USMC, Ret'd.

Larry Gugle represented himself as a retired Sergeant Major with 30 years of service in the Marine Corps. He also represented himself as a Vietnam Veteran serving 45 months in Vietnam; 24 months with the First Battalion Ninth Marines and 22 months with HQ Battery First Battalion 11<sup>th</sup> Marines. Gugle also wore a chest full of medals including; the Silver Star, Bronze Start and Purple Heart to name a few. As it turns out none of the above is true; not the rank, not the Vietnam service or the medals.

He NEVER served in Vietnam
He NEVER served in combat with ANY unit He was NEVER decorated or wounded for actions in combat
He NEVER served in the Persian Gulf (retired in April 1990)
He NEVER served with 1/9 - "The Walking Dead"
He NEVER was a Sergeant Major
He WAS court-martialed and convicted of wearing decorations and combat ribbons to which he was not entitled.
He WAS reduced from 1stSgt to Gunnery Sgt..
He WAS forced to retire into the FMCR - inactive.

This is probably old news to some of you but I had never heard of this individual.A friend sent the info to me.What galls me most is that he had the nerve to desecrate the Tomb of the Unknowns while wearing his phony awards

SGT7477
03-11-11, 12:57 PM
As if being a 1stSgt wasn't good enough,geez, Semper Fidelis.

hbharrison
03-11-11, 12:57 PM
WHAT! had not seen this one before what a dwiib, jackwad, jackwagon, numbnuted d*ckweed scum bag dirt hog. Ok trying to be nice about this but ^$$*)(^&^&%^$%&^*(&*^&*&^)^&&^*(&*(^%.

USNAviator
03-11-11, 01:17 PM
His phony DD-214.

Phony DD214 (http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfirebase.net/Gugle%20Images/phony_dd-214.pdf)

DrZ
03-11-11, 01:19 PM
His phony DD-214.

Phony DD214 (http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfirebase.net/Gugle%20Images/phony_dd-214.pdf)

Says permission denied. Guess it doesn't like me!

USNAviator
03-11-11, 01:24 PM
Says permission denied. Guess it doesn't like me!

No Larry that just proves it has good taste.....:D

This is whole sordid tale. Let me know if it doesn't work

http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfirebase.net/LarryGugle.htm

DrZ
03-11-11, 01:27 PM
Nope can't get in at all. Won't even let me into the main page much less the azzholes page.

Will check later this evening.

USNAviator
03-11-11, 01:33 PM
Nope can't get in at all. Won't even let me into the main page much less the azzholes page.

Will check later this evening.

I hope you can look it Larry but better have drink or two beforehand. I have no problem opening it and I'm using a university server

I just Googled Gugle (wow now that's unreal) and quite a bit showed up

USNAviator
03-11-11, 01:41 PM
Larry try this

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies243.htm

hbharrison
03-11-11, 07:58 PM
Came up for must mean I got no good taste because it left a bad taste in my mouth anywho I still say he ^&*()_)%^%$&%&^&()&*^%^&*$E%&^$^*&*(^^*()*()&^&*(.
And thats that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VictoryttBold
03-11-11, 08:10 PM
http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfirebase.net/Gugle%20Images/gugle3%20Photo%20in%20Uniform.jpg

:flag:Looks like he just screwed the neighbor's cat.

tracs1833
03-11-11, 10:43 PM
Somehow, it is worse when you are betrayed by one of your own!

teufelmonteur
03-12-11, 12:48 AM
Just gotta wonder how my grandpa would respond, as one of the few that made it through the 1/9's Vietnam deployment when it came to be known as "The Walking Dead."

advanced
03-12-11, 02:25 PM
No Larry that just proves it has good taste.....:D

This is whole sordid tale. Let me know if it doesn't work

http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfirebase.net/LarryGugle.htm

I got in with the first click, of course I use a mac. I've heard of this prick before. I think to us Marines it's hard to fathom the demented mind of such dishonor.

Whenever I hear of a Nam bush Marine say they spent 2-3 years extending in the Nam my antenna go up. Most of us were glad to make it out alive, and hopefully like me in one piece. Once was enough, not many extended.

03Mike
03-12-11, 09:38 PM
As a former member of 1/9 (25 years after they earned the title "Walking Dead" over "Walking Death") I volunteer to take this piece of sh!t out behind the squad bay and try to help him "earn" some the reputation he's stolen.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-14-11, 08:26 PM
Totally incorrect fonts on that DD-214, as well as the awards entered incorrectly, AND the dates in the blocks are wrong as well.

What a POS.

acg8276
03-17-11, 10:03 AM
I had the unfortunate chance to meet and spend time with a "Captain" from the reserve unit I would be joining at an event w/ my recruiter SSGT Pfanner (SP sic) and some Marine Corps League members before boot. On more than one occasion I spent time with Capt. @#$%&$%$. Imagine my surprise & SSGT Pfanners when I arrived at my unit e year later to find the guy was only a staff NCO. I had to deal w/ the guy for 5+ years. As I recall, SSGT Pfanner broke off all contact w/ the individual and the MCL detachment. I have shared this story with but a few until now. 25+ years later. I guess my point here is is that there are imposters and posers skulking everywhere out there. It's unfortunate that anyone who wears the Eagle, Globe an Anchor would act so poorly but its true.

acg8276
03-17-11, 10:05 AM
I had the unfortunate chance to meet and spend time with a "Captain" from the reserve unit I would be joining at an event w/ my recruiter SSGT Pfanner (SP sic) and some Marine Corps League members before boot. On more than one occasion I spent time with Capt. @#$%&$%$. Imagine my surprise & SSGT Pfanners when I arrived at my unit e year later to find the guy was only a staff NCO. I had to deal w/ the guy for 5+ years. As I recall, SSGT Pfanner broke off all contact w/ the individual and the MCL detachment. I have shared this story with but a few until now. 25+ years later. I guess my point here is is that there are imposters and posers skulking everywhere out there. It's unfortunate that anyone who wears the Eagle, Globe an Anchor would act so poorly but its true.

charm1110
03-20-11, 03:32 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!! what a piece of ****

Carpshooter
03-20-11, 05:44 PM
This clown really made E-5 fast, less than two years ,even though he no doubt doctor those things as he did have a hash mark on his sleeve .

You know when I was in the Corps back in '69 to '71 , this clown made a fast rank while many good Marines made very little .Guess the Corps is a place where it's not how good you are but who you know and blow !

Even today as I meet good Marines who are E-3 s and been in over two to four years and coporals that are over four years in , well that's just nuts !

When I was in Nam most Army personel were E-3 s coming in and Spec4s , spec5s and sergeants leaving , never seen a E-1 or E-2 Army private in Nam .

Rank was one reason the Corps was never going to be a career for me .I admit to making E-4 in 16 months , which was good , but my Army Nam Vet drafted brothers were all E-5s and got out in alot less time than 24 months !

Sorry if I'm ranting ,but rank has always been a weak thing in the Corps for enlisted good working non-ass kissing Marines ! They have the same rank structure as the Army as far as rank goes but half the Corps is made up of E=3 and below , that's nuts !

Now you know the main reason I never even thought of staying in !

I salute all my brothers who were good hard working non ass kissing jarheads and never reached an acceptable rank !

Semper Fi Bros

Quinbo
03-20-11, 10:43 PM
This guy made the Army Times this week. <br />
http://www.stripes.com/news/command-sergeant-major-charged-with-claiming-false-honors-1.112358 <br />
<br />
The Army times article says he will be busted to SSgt and...

EGTSpec
03-21-11, 07:04 AM
I spent 2 years as a LCpl before making Cpl. And only because a guy who was a Pvt when I got LCpl in Oki transfered to my unit at Lejeune as a Sgt and was assigned as my squad leader. I was one of...

EGA1957
03-21-11, 11:03 AM
Article I just read said he got 6 months in the brig. Also, has anyone seen that the guy was also a Marine? Apparently Marine records show he enlisted in 10/1983 (P.I.) and left in 5/86 as a L/Cpl.

afraziaaaa
03-21-11, 02:36 PM
I spent 2 years as a LCpl before making Cpl. And only because a guy who was a Pvt when I got LCpl in Oki transfered to my unit at Lejeune as a Sgt and was assigned as my squad leader. I was one of those who just did whatever job I was assigned, no more no less.

Lol. Isn't this why every disgruntled LCpl in the Marine Corps is still a LCpl?

Shame on this poser for degrading himself like he did. Being forced to retire as an E-6 is too light in my opinion.

SGT7477
03-21-11, 07:10 PM
What a dumbazz, Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

hbharrison
03-22-11, 12:20 AM
How easy can you be on this jackwad. I would have gone with E-1 and 6 in the brig.

Amtracker1833
03-22-11, 06:15 AM
I dont know if im more ****ed at him lying about his rank or lying about the units he served with? I was on the 24th MEU and i WAS apart of BLT 1/9 the walking dead, and damn proud of it! What a peice of doo, seriously!