PDA

View Full Version : Reaching the objective of "Putting Out"

IHaveEGA843
03-11-11, 05:39 AM
Probably a waste of a thread but when do you know when you've put out?

Usually for me is when I cramp up to the point of my guts feeling like its being gutted and twisted by a sword from one side to another.

Yesterday I ran until I felt like throwing up......

PUT OUT POOLEES!!!!!!

Tbrown10
03-11-11, 06:39 AM
Good thread, I usually know when i put out if i get light headed or my legs shake from being so tired. but i feel like once i get in the right state of mind and start saying to myself "1,2,3,4 United States Marine Corps" i can go for as long as nessesary. Im also not much of a sweater, in wrestling practice my coach always thought i was lazy but i just didnt sweat,and he'd work the crap out of me haha. So if i get drenched in sweat i feel acomplished too.

Ive also noticed if i start thinking about other stuff besides my legs about to fall off ( for me its my car, car = love) i can go longer too.

kjohnson8824
03-11-11, 09:30 AM
This is actually a good question and never actually thought about it. Im not to sure how to answer this one

I would have to say though that I always put out, Ill never be last and being second is even worse.

I just go out there and give it my all every time so I never thought about "not putting out"

PooleeGewarges
03-11-11, 01:53 PM
Puke or Pass out. :mad:

Goos3
03-11-11, 02:12 PM
Puke= Motivation!

IHaveEGA843
03-11-11, 05:38 PM
Puking is the ultimate put out but passing out.....that really is dangerous but I began to pass out when I ran the IST for the first time.

**** was crazy because I became lighted and everything started to turn bright yellow and silver.

Most people don't like to push pass their "comfort" zone. The zone you have when it's just beginning to hurt so they'll stop their. I usually push past that and finish before I get to the puking stage.

C_Squash_D
03-11-11, 07:02 PM
Never had to puke. Am I doing something wrong? :|

DudefromDiego
03-11-11, 07:50 PM

I'm the only one at our RSS that has never puked at a function... ever. Not even the "Four Corners of Death" at Miramar in 102 degree heat, or carrying a fallen palm tree through trails in Balboa Park. Maybe it's because I don't go dry, but don't chug all my water either. I know where you are coming from.

DudefromDiego
03-11-11, 07:55 PM
Puking is the ultimate put out but passing out.....that really is dangerous but I began to pass out when I ran the IST for the first time.

**** was crazy because I became lighted and everything started to turn bright yellow and silver.

Most people don't like to push pass their "comfort" zone. The zone you have when it's just beginning to hurt so they'll stop their. I usually push past that and finish before I get to the puking stage.

This. Passing out (getting weak knees and going out while disoriented) is fine, but going completely dark is not a good thing. You want to put out, but working TOO hard will get you a prostate exam with the silver bullet. Push it out, yes, but don't cook yourself in the process.

IHaveEGA843
03-11-11, 10:04 PM

I never puked yet but I have gotten to feeling very "pukish" at times.

I think my problem is drinking all that water during the day and the running/jumping/whatever physical activity I'm doing is making the stuff move around to move to where I begin to feel sick.

Some guys throw up from doing simple stuff. I remember this one guy throw up infront of me while running and we weren't half a mile in but he kept chugging it though.

They say once you throw up you feel better though.

Oh and the weak knees I hate because it feels like someone was going at your knees with hammers the whole time. **** sucks but in the end that work out high feels good.

Nerd
03-12-11, 11:54 PM
I feel I have put out when I am sweating and my legs are soaked, my bald head it soaked, and my arms are soaked. When my knees are weak, and my arms feel like jello. When thinking about running makes me want to curl up and die.

When you sit down, and it feels like the best thing in the whole world. Like you want to never stand up again

I have also never puked at PT

AlexJH
03-13-11, 03:44 AM
usually muscle failure is a good way to tell you're done, yeah...

Honcho1010
03-19-11, 10:14 AM
usually muscle failure is a good way to tell you're done, yeah...

I agree. Once you collapse your there. No need to stop until you physically cant carry yourself. Once that happens, get up and do some sprints!:mad:

Barnett20110425
03-19-11, 12:15 PM
Once that happens, get up and do some sprints!:mad:

That's what I do.
Builds up your VO2 max. Builds the lungs. Builds more endurance, which in
return builds confidence..

Confidence in your workouts is key.