PDA

View Full Version : Swear Ins

DMario
03-10-11, 10:39 AM
I was wondering if any other poolees were swore in at another place besides MEPS. I got swore in during the half time show for the Kansas City Chiefs. It was military appreciation day.

PooleeGewarges
03-10-11, 11:30 AM
Half time during a pistons game.

Words from the Sergeant Major that night, "You better not **** up,"

Vise
03-10-11, 12:37 PM
Raiders game in Oakland, CA.

PooleeBogenrief
03-10-11, 12:56 PM
Half-time at a local Stampede Basketball game

AlexJH
03-10-11, 08:36 PM
Some tiny room in the MEPS building...

@ssholes..

achilles097
03-10-11, 08:41 PM
Wow hearing the examples above makes me think this is more common...I swore in a small room...I was angry, tired, irritable and wanted to leave right away...

AlexJH
03-10-11, 08:56 PM
I was angry, tired, irritable and wanted to leave right away...

yup

Languagelover23
03-10-11, 09:57 PM
What the heck? Lucky ... My MEPS did have a neat ceremony room with nice red carpet though lol.

DudefromDiego
03-10-11, 10:52 PM
Wow hearing the examples above makes me think this is more common...I swore in a small room...I was angry, tired, irritable and wanted to leave right away...

Spent roughly 28 hours at MEPS to do something that took less than two minutes. Who wouldn't be tired or irritable? ;)

AlexJH
03-11-11, 02:40 AM
damn, you got me beat, i sat in a chair for 6 hours for a 10 second inspection so I could finally swear in, buncha tards run the control desk, the Marine liason was not happy with them for not letting me into the medical area.

DudefromDiego
03-11-11, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I got screwed over since my visit was split into two parts. All was going well until I got temporarily DQ'd for something regarding medical crap, and came back to finish all the "fun" I missed the first time around. Spent roughly 28 hours. I will never complain about the DMV again.

achilles097
03-11-11, 10:15 PM
I had to sit in a chair for 11 straight hours because they messed up my paperwork. Was in there from 0600-1700 then I got a ride to the hotel to come back the next day.

Gale
03-18-11, 03:57 PM
I swore in at MEPS as my actual swear in.
Then on Veterans Day I swore in at Dallas. Got to meet Gov. Rick Perry, and listened to several General's give great speeches. It was awesome!

bposey8152
04-07-11, 01:18 PM
Swore in before a NASCAR race. Kinda cool, got pit passes and wrote our names on the finish line.

robbyj
04-08-11, 11:25 AM

Who wouldn't want to leave right away? its pretty much waiting 9 hours to have some weird guy in a white coat get free feels.

Honcho1010
04-08-11, 11:31 AM
^lol. After MEPS medical exam it was pretty much filing paper for MSgt and getting pushed around. Also, i listened to a Marine slander Louisiana as a whole, i loved it. I hate this state.

cnguyen989
04-08-11, 02:28 PM
Sworn in at MEPS also. Even though I was ready to leave, I was excited about being sworn in. Then this army officer come in to swear us in with a look and attitude like "I don't want to be here." Slurs his words and mumbles and speaks so fast I couldn't understand what he was saying... Totally ruined my swear in experience. Instead of feeling like the beginning of something great, it felt like a joke. Definitely did not conduct himself in a way I would expect an officer to. And that's why I'm joining the Marines, and not the army.

cato
04-12-11, 12:04 PM
I went to meps 2 times in dallas. I didnt have my moms divorce degree the 1st time. I also had spent almost a year geting medical records together for my head, for something that they didnt ask about lol. Swore in and I didnt care how long i had to wait i was just happy to be sworn in.