PDA

View Full Version : Discharged for dope

91371ddf3d0ebd2
03-08-11, 11:31 PM
Can my son reenlist? He went to bootcamp but before he went to a party after two weeks of bootcamp he called me and said he failed the drug test, they sent him home with no discharge and the leader...

GunRun
03-08-11, 11:48 PM
Ask a recruiter......Though drugs pretty much mean game over now adays.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-10-11, 01:15 AM
Sounds like he was an idiot. Must not have wanted it THAT bad since he violated everything he was taught. <br />
<br />
No, he's not going to be able to reenlist. Zero tolerance means JUST that. ZERO...

USNAviator
03-10-11, 06:50 AM
The Sgt is correct. In order to be recognized as a veteran you have to have either an honorable or general discharge and have served 180 days active duty ( this does not include active training)

Zulu 36
03-10-11, 12:07 PM
And for the rest of their lives, his boot camp platoon mates will remember him as "That stupid doper who got kicked out." Just like I remember a guy from my platoon in 1971. They probably won't even remember his name by the time they graduate.

Tennessee Top
03-10-11, 01:23 PM
Surely you don't believe his little party before bootcamp was the first time he "experimented" with drugs; he was probably doing it all through highschool. I'm sure his recruiter gave him a heads-up about peeing in the bottle the first week of recruit training but he ignored the warning anyway. Chances are he would smoke it again on active duty anyway and eventually pop positive on a urine test. He did the USMC a favor by not wasting a lot of time and money on training him (the whole purpose of the early test). And no, he does not deserve a second chance. There are too many young people out there who do not smoke dope and want an opportunity to earn the title...he does not deserve to take a spot away from them.

Maybe your son can go to barber college; they don't really care how high you are as long as you pay the tuition.

Your son is now learning a valuable life lesson; along with stupid decisions come consequences. It's up to him when, or if, he is going to stop making them.

USNAviator
03-10-11, 01:31 PM
Sgt Lep

"Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; Today at 02:18 AM. Reason: I had to correct the grammar, punctuation, etc. "

I hadn't noticed this before. I believe it's the first time I've ever seen it. The Original Post was that bad? Wow!

Old Marine
03-10-11, 06:04 PM
If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler.

SGT7477
03-10-11, 06:27 PM
He screwed up big time, don't need a doper in combat or anyplace else, Semper Fidelis.

USNAviator
03-10-11, 06:43 PM
I have a question, does the OP have the option to respond in here? Not sure what privilege comes with being Marine Family which btw isn't valid any longer unless they have another child in the Corps.

This young man is a prime example of the Tea Cup generation. Treated with kid gloves until they are adults when reality hit's them right between the eyes.

The fact that mom/dad come on here stating that he is crying pretty much for me sums up his whole problem. Parent back off and let your son grow up

Wyoming
03-10-11, 07:41 PM
I have a question, does the OP have the option to respond in here? Not sure what privilege comes with being Marine Family which btw isn't valid any longer unless they have another child in the Corps.

This young man is a prime example of the Tea Cup generation. Treated with kid gloves until they are adults when reality hit's them right between the eyes.

The fact that mom/dad come on here stating that he is crying pretty much for me sums up his whole problem. Parent back off and let your son grow up

EXACTLY, Dan, exactly.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-10-11, 07:54 PM
He would if he registered as a 'friend', however, realistically, he won't. And yes...the grammar and spelling was THAT bad. Perhaps it was written by the kid himself.

I know, though, that not ALL adults had the benefit of an education, (unlike pretty much all of the kids today) so I tend to cut them some slack if I can.

Covey_Rider
03-10-11, 11:30 PM
Guess I don't really need to add my 2 cents since the question has been answered.

On a bright side this thread put a smile on my face for some reason. Not sure why.

Silentwarrior17
03-10-11, 11:49 PM
On a bright side this thread put a smile on my face for some reason. Not sure why.

:thumbup: I just pictured blue coveralls