PDA

View Full Version : JROTC kid needs a quick answer

Kylebunny
03-08-11, 03:39 PM
Hey, I'm in Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps, and I had a question I figured only a Marine could answer. I'm on my units drill team, and during drill competitions we have what is called UPI (uniform personnel inspection) just in case ya'll call it something else, and I was asked by a Marine to show him my hands. So i raised them in tight to my body and parallel to the deck. He said flip 'em and i did. He then precoded to ask me why my hands were sweaty. My question is what would be the proper/most precise way to answer that without getting your head chewed off.

Thanks in advance
-Kyle

sparkie
03-08-11, 03:44 PM
none

Kylebunny
03-08-11, 04:03 PM
Theres no way to respond to that?

USNAviator
03-08-11, 04:09 PM
Theres no way to respond to that?

Just curious, why do your hands sweat?

afraziaaaa
03-08-11, 04:09 PM
Indeed. That is what we call a bearing question. It's not the question that matters, but how you react to it. Its purpose is to induce stress. The inspector will ask these types of questions to reveal your "buttons" then press them. Sounds like he was successful. Either way, you are always wrong. Best thing you can do is answer quickly and confidently, and do not reverse your answer (unless you say something completely moronic).

Enjoy getting your head chewed off.

Kylebunny
03-08-11, 05:22 PM
Much obliged sir

Kylebunny
03-08-11, 05:24 PM
Just curious, why do your hands sweat?

They don't sweat ALOT, I'm not some freak that sweats buckets, they just sweat because I'm under pressure, and he asked that to almost everybody.

sparkie
03-08-11, 07:57 PM
Your quick answer,,,,, none.

Brianhipwell
03-08-11, 08:14 PM
none
I hate the term Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. It's degrading and highly insultive!

sparkie
03-08-11, 08:25 PM
I hate the term Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. It's degrading and highly insultive!

You Joking??? Guess you weren't there. If that's the best you got,,,, Go Fish,,,, Boot. :evilgrin:

Suppose I could never say 'Green Whenee' round here.

USNAviator
03-08-11, 08:31 PM

You're entitled to your opinion Brian But site rules state you need to fill out your profile. Please do so.

Sparkie, your response?

WTF why am I always last in the loop??? LOL

USNAviator
03-08-11, 08:34 PM
You Joking??? Guess you weren't there. If that's the best you got,,,, Go Fish,,,, Boot. :evilgrin:

Suppose I could never say 'Green Whenee' round here.

Turds been double and triple posting all over the site.Often quoting himself. Damn I only thought AF O-7's did that?

sparkie
03-08-11, 08:41 PM
One o the lost. I got friends to mourn,,,, Whats he got ? Vaseline? No, No. Don't fuk with me. I got Brothers including you, Dan.

USNAviator
03-08-11, 08:45 PM
One o the lost. I got friends to mourn,,,, Whats he got ? Vaseline? No, No. Don't fuk with me. I got Brothers including you, Dan.

Thanks Sparkie, got your six my friend

Marine1011
03-08-11, 08:50 PM
hell hes over there on the mos thread without a profile either, just asked him to go ahead and get er done, just looking out for him because the mods will extract with the helo or at least say something so to avoid all that i passed along the informatiokn to him hoping for the best way he jumped on ol sparkie didnt sit a whole lot well either but we all got our opinions and voicing them is what were all about as Marines who served. Were all entitled to voice this and that

Tennessee Top
03-08-11, 09:18 PM
Look at this again carefully folks.

The individual who posted about not liking the saying "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children" does have a profile, served in Vietnam, and has two purple hearts. Double check who you are dissing here. The original poster is the one without a profile. Or, am I looking at it wrong?

USNAviator
03-08-11, 09:42 PM
Hi Top, you're looking at the profile that was created less than half an hour ago, after three years, so at the time someone posted about it, there was no profile, but now there is, that's what the confusion was.

Agreed!! Top, up till about an hour ago this person had no profile. No one had a clue who he was.Would have saved us a lot aggravation if he had followed the rules initially.