PDA

View Full Version : Dream to be a Marine what mos is most realistic?

SHall519
03-07-11, 08:46 PM
I always wanted to be a Marine sense I was a little kid. Now I'm coming to the age when I plan to enlist in a year once I finish high school. I know you cannot be guaranteed a MOS in the Marines it goes by the "Will of the Corps" and you can basically be guaranteed a general field if I'm correct. My question is which of the MOS's I am most interested in seems the most realistic? Any help would be a great help

0311 Rifleman
6172 Helicopter Crew Chief, CH-46
6173 Helicopter Crew Chief, CH-53
6174 Helicopter Crew Chief, UH-1
Or
Navy FMF Corpsman?

Lisa 23
03-07-11, 09:06 PM
Seth, try doing a search on the site as these topics have been covered before.
YOU are the only person who knows whats "most realistic" for YOU. Yes, the Marines here can give advice on these MOS's, but in the end, it's YOUR decision on what YOU want to do.

Good luck to you.

TunTvrnWarrior
03-07-11, 09:06 PM
The 03XX field is in high demand and getting a slot takes a long time. Realistically, I would look at one of the Aviation MOS's, you will have a lot of fun with it.

SHall519
03-07-11, 09:45 PM
I feel like i might have wrote my original question in a confusing way. I would be extremely happy with any of those MOS's. My question was what ones are more likely I would be able to receive at this particular time in the Marine Corps. I wouldn't want to go into the 03xx if the was no shot in hell of getting 0311. Nothing against 0313 LAV Crew or 0341 Motarman but I have no interest in those MOS's. Or for that fact get stuck as a 6281 Fixed-Wing Aircraft Safety Equipment Mechanic nothing against them but again not something I am interested in. If that makes more sense? I have researched those MOS's and would LOVE anyone of them.

1stRad2671
03-07-11, 10:28 PM
You can probably forget about 6172. The 46s are being replaced by the Osprey.

afraziaaaa
03-08-11, 09:52 AM
I always wanted to be a Marine sense I was a little kid. Now I'm coming to the age when I plan to enlist in a year once I finish high school. I know you cannot be guaranteed a MOS in the Marines it goes by the "Will of the Corps" and you can basically be guaranteed a general field if I'm correct. My question is which of the MOS's I am most interested in seems the most realistic? Any help would be a great help

0311 Rifleman
6172 Helicopter Crew Chief, CH-46
6173 Helicopter Crew Chief, CH-53
6174 Helicopter Crew Chief, UH-1
Or
Navy FMF Corpsman?

Burlington, VT???

Talk to he recruiter up there. He is a good guy. Based in Plattsburgh if I am not mistaken, but has a sattelite office in Burlington. Bottom line is you have to make sure you are qualified for those MOSs before you start getting your mind set on one. A recruiter can provide you with the best guidance. For example, if your eyesight is not better than 20/70 uncorrected, you have no chance of getting into the Aircrew field.

Talking to a recruiter does not mean you are obligated to join, and regardless of what perception you have, we do not "trick" people into joining. It just doesn't benefit the Corps.

Good luck.

SHall519
03-08-11, 12:55 PM
No I'm in Burlington, Ma it's like 30 Min. away from Boston. It's inbetween lowell Ma and Boston

USNAviator
03-08-11, 01:17 PM
No I'm in Burlington, Ma it's like 30 Min. away from Boston. It's inbetween lowell Ma and Boston

Know Burlington very well, great mall. If there is not a recruiter near you I know there is one right near BU

SHall519
03-08-11, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the only recruiter around is an Army recruiter 100 feet from the high school (location, location ,location hahah). But I think there is one in Cambridge from what I understand. But any one is a bit of a drive from me besides the Army recruiter station.

afraziaaaa
03-08-11, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the only recruiter around is an Army recruiter 100 feet from the high school (location, location ,location hahah). But I think there is one in Cambridge from what I understand. But any one is a bit of a drive from me besides the Army recruiter station.

Wow, I'm jealous of that Army recruiter!

Try going to Marines.com and requesting more information using the find a recruiter link. Once you put your information in, the nearest recruiter should contact you within a few days to answer all your questions.

USNAviator
03-08-11, 04:06 PM
Wow, I'm jealous of that Army recruiter!

Try going to Marines.com and requesting more information using the find a recruiter link. Once you put your information in, the nearest recruiter should contact you within a few days to answer all your questions.

Good advice!!

SHall519
03-09-11, 03:18 PM
I was reading online about how allot of people don't pass flight physicals. I was wondering what the main reason people fail them? Also i was wondering if you don't pass it can you get a chance to pass it later?

afraziaaaa
03-09-11, 03:24 PM
I personally can't answer that question directly as I am not an aviator, aircrew member or a doctor. No matter what the answer is and whether or not you would pass or fail a flight physical, I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Worry about passing the military entrance physical before you worry about taking a flight physical.

Lisa 23
03-09-11, 03:31 PM
I personally can't answer that question directly as I am not an aviator, aircrew member or a doctor. No matter what the answer is and whether or not you would pass or fail a flight physical, I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Worry about passing the military entrance physical before you worry about taking a flight physical.

Great advice....take it! :thumbup:

SHall519
03-09-11, 03:44 PM
I hear what your saying. It was more a question of curiosity. I more just want to know why :nerd: