PDA

View Full Version : Going to the marines, just a little ploblem though

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 04:49 PM
Okay here's the deal. Im 19 and Im going to join the marines, but I have a diploma from a homeschool. My situation is a little different from other homeschooled applicants though. I gained all of my credits to graduate from a traditional highschool and I have the transcript to prove it(let me repeat, I GAINED ALL MY CREDITS FROM A TRADITIONAL HIGHSCHOOL AND I HAVE THE TRANSCRIPT TO PROVE IT) but towards the end of my senior year I had to get my diploma from a homeschool. My question for anyone with experince with these sort of problems, do you think the marines will accept me? I know the army will, because I've already talked to them but I want to be a marine MP.

Thanks
Im the kewl guy

Sgt Lep commentary: (Normally these get deleted but this lad gets the 'full' treatment..so sit back and enjoy!)

"Ploblem"? As in, spelling? Or did you just fall out of an old "Charlie Chan" movie?

The 'ploblem' I see is a punctuation, spelling, and grammar deficiency. Where did you get your 'home skool' degree? Out of a cracker jack box? Or on the internetz?

And here is a newsflash....I've known plenty of kewl guyz....YOU ain't it.

josephd
03-06-11, 05:07 PM
Go talk to a recruiter. I don't think it matters if those are traditional credits, if the diploma isn't accepted your SOL.

Also, Marine is to be capitalized.

Again....Go talk to a recruiter!

Old Marine
03-06-11, 05:09 PM
Talk to a Marine Recruiter. Profile could stand some beefing up.

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 05:35 PM
yea, thanks. Im talking to a recruiter first thing tomorrow morning. I just wanted to know today since all recruiting offices are closed on weekends.

YEAH YO! CAUSE I'M DA KEWL GUY!

MarinesFTW
03-06-11, 06:18 PM
yea, thanks. Im talking to a recruiter first thing tomorrow morning. I just wanted to know today since all recruiting offices are closed on weekends.

You ment to say Thank you Marines, not yea, thanks. They have earned there title, show your respect.

USNAviator
03-06-11, 06:31 PM
Okay here's the deal. Im 19 and Im going to join the marines, but I have a diploma from a homeschool. My situation is a little different from other homeschooled applicants though. I gained all of my credits to graduate from a traditional highschool and I have the transcript to prove it(let me repeat, I GAINED ALL MY CREDITS FROM A TRADITIONAL HIGHSCHOOL AND I HAVE THE TRANSCRIPT TO PROVE IT) but towards the end of my senior year I had to get my diploma from a homeschool. My question for anyone with experince with these sort of problems, do you think the marines will accept me? I know the army will, because I've already talked to them but I want to be a marine MP.

Thanks
Im the kewl guy

Ok hears the deal kewl guy. I don't know where you went to high school but perhaps you should have been home schooled from the beginning. This site has a spell checker please use it and Marines is always capitalized

Also, please fill out your profile or Gunny will thump you upside your head. And yes a recruiter is your best source of info re. this matter

MarinesFTW, how long were you at P-Cola? Just enough time to get into trouble with those 'Bama debs?...:)

USNAviator
03-06-11, 06:32 PM
Unduly emphasizing in capital letters what you had just finished saying.
The username probably translates to "not"
Not capitalizing "Marines"
Telling us recruiters' offices are closed on weekends.

Does not bode well.

Damn Dave you beat me to it....again....lol!!!

USNAviator
03-06-11, 06:38 PM
Well, Dan, Marines vs Navy? Sorry, Commander, just kidding

Oh I'd cry foul but I don't see see too many Squids around...lol

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 06:40 PM
Lol well for starters no one answered my question thats why I said"thanks" like an *******.Two, be happy I even said thanks to that pathetic answer. Three, i'm not apologizing for not capitalizing the M in "Marine" but I will capitalize it only because IM GOING TO BE ONE.( Just because me not saying "thank you, marine." makes you mad, lets see how ****ed I can get you after you read this pal.)

Exactly what we have come to expect from years of gummint, home skool edu-ba-cation. An overweening sense of hubris, arrogance, and attitude when corrected on things that are soley the responsibility of the poster.

I give this lad the same chances of being a Marine that I would the typical low grade IQ individual with bi-polar, bedwetting, mommie issues.....

Been here all of like five minutes and acts like a 'salt'. Then again, I'm sure that if I was a "kewl guy" I'd be cocky too.

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 06:46 PM
Not to mention the lack of a profile, in direct opposition to the forum rules, but hey, this is 2011, anything goes.

Yea lets point out all of the flaws in my forum profile :/ Im pretty sure the Marines pay you to do that. -_-

Actually, goober, this is a Marine Corps site, recruiting wise. So in a sense, they do. Gee, I hope the kewlness doesn't strike us all down in our sleep.

Isn't it great to see the 'ute' of today's wonderful attitude? Wow. I feel lucky to have them.

And yet more grammatical errors as well. Obviously not an "English" major.

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 06:51 PM
Sorry, kewl guy, have other things to do rather than babysit you here.

Yea man you missed my 18th birthday, I'm an adult by law now.I don't need a little baby sitter. Go about your buisness(doubting that you have anything serious to handle)

An adult 'by law' and yet you post like a 12 year old delinquent who has 'authority' issues and is full of himself.

My prediction for you?

The adult detention center looms large in your future.

Either that, or wielding the large hose off the back of the 'porta potty suck truck'.

Perhaps...both.

USNAviator
03-06-11, 06:53 PM
Yea lets point out all of the flaws in my forum profile :/ Im pretty sure the Marines pay you to do that. -_-

Just from free advice, this is can be a warm and fuzzy place or it can be a sh$t hole for someone with an attitude. Now to me you just disrespected a Marine and you condescendingly agreed to capitalize Marine. Not a good start

So I'll ask you one more time if you haven't done so already to please fill in your profile

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 06:55 PM
There's one little detail about being an adult, my kewl friend, and that is acting like one. Give it a try, after the profile is filled out, of course.

Lol thanks for justfying why I need the military. Anyway, I didn't know Marines have trolling as an MOS. what do I need to score on the ASVAB to be one??

Far higher than you stand a chance at, I'm afraid. Actually, the military doesn't need, or WANT, you. Even if by some quirk of fate you manage to enlist into some branch or another (you do have to score above a '30' on the ASVAB and I have my doubts about that...), you'll be a 'training drop' long before you graduate. Then you'll get to come home and tell everyone what a 'heeerooo' you were someplace, and several years from now will be one of those pathetic 'wannabees' who gets locked up for wearing uniforms and medals you never earned and don't rate.

USNAviator
03-06-11, 06:56 PM
There's one little detail about being an adult, my kewl friend, and that is acting like one. Give it a try, after the profile is filled out, of course.

Marine, remember when Baker had that terminal boil, did he have that lanced??

josephd
03-06-11, 06:56 PM

The Marine Corps doesn't pay him at all anymore, he did his time and retired. He comes on here to help out with questions from kewl guys like yourself and asks for nothing in return like the rest of us. All we ask is for is the poolees/wannabes to follow the rules, respect everyone(Marines especially). Watch the attitude while your in here.

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 07:03 PM
Okay guys...dont cut yourselves geeesh. I'll fix my profile soon. By the way since were all talking about respect I don't think its very respectful to call future Marines "wannabes". now aren't we just some wittle hipocrites??

Actually, 'wannabees' is 100 percent correct. In your case, however, they were being far more generous than I, since I figure you are a 'wannabee/neverwillbee'. And it's spelled "Hypocrite". If you are going to USE it, at least know how to SPELL it. Go back to that 'word a day' calendar you got it off of and double check.

Don't worry about fixing your profile. The lack of information speaks for itself, and those extracted for gross jackassery don't have to, anyway.

I love how you presume to give orders to not only your elders, but Marines. Alas, the only orders you'll be giving from now on is "Can I get a large fry with that?"

josephd
03-06-11, 07:06 PM
Okay guys...dont cut yourselves geeesh. I'll fix my profile soon. By the way since were all talking about respect I don't think its very respectful to call future Marines "wannabes". now aren't we just some wittle hipocryts.

the term "wannabe" isn't meant to be malicious, it exactly what some of you are "want to be(a Marine)" aka. "wannabe"

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 07:09 PM
At first I thought you were some young punk kid, but now I am seeing similarities in speech patterns, so to speak, and in the username even, to lead me to believe that you may have an ID or two already in place here.

Nah man, actually I found this website while doing some research on the Marine MP job. I just made the account today, to ask a serious question. But apparently people looking into making their future brighter by joining the armed forces is taken as a joke on this forum....is this even a legit Marines forum???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Guess you get to go elsewhere and whine about your mistreatment here.

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 07:14 PM
Oh no, I am 100% sure on this, so I will ask Lep to check later on, should be confirming what I know already.
How have you been, by the way?

WOW, the accusations people can make off of text alone just amazes me...No I'm not who you think I am, I've never had an account on this forum, ask "Lep" to compare accounts and after he tells you your wrong take a picture of your facial expression and send it to me so I can laugh.

Thus proving when you get into a netz war here, you lose. "Lep" stands for "Sgt Leprechaun"...and I have spoken. Or, rather, extracted ya.

Yet more spelling and grammatical errors. I guess when you are 'kewl' you don't NEED a dictionary!

Marine84
03-06-11, 07:16 PM
And the hits just keep on coming.

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 07:23 PM
You know, it's not really an accusation, so it is surprising how defensive you've become, but I'm probably wrong, have been wrong many many times before tonight.

Lol uhhhh.....maybe the previous smart ass comments you made beforehand gives me a reason to be defensive.

Naaah, it was just your attitude. I'm sure you are a real hit at parties too.

Old Marine
03-06-11, 07:24 PM
Dave: I suspect that the reason for this tool having to be home schooled is because he has been in reform school since childhood and could not get past 3d grade.

I hate to wish it on some poor Drill Instructor, but I hope they let him join. Said Drill Instructor will immediately wear his punk azz out. We all know that attitudes usually always get adjusted. The Adjustment Center will take care of it.

USNAviator
03-06-11, 07:26 PM
You know, it's not really an accusation, so it is surprising how defensive you've become, but I'm probably wrong, have been wrong many many times before tonight.

Absolutely...I'll vouch for that.....:D

It's obvious that kewl came on here flying false colors. He now spells (I'm) correctly. He knows who Lep is so it's not worth while continuing.

If you don't feed them they go away.Kewl, put on a dvd, chill and enjoy the rest of your evening

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 07:31 PM
Absolutely...I'll vouch for that.....:D

It's obvious that kewl came on here flying false colors. He now spells (I'm) correctly. He knows who Lep is so it's not worth while continuing.

If you don't feed them they go away.Kewl, put on a dvd, chill and enjoy the rest of your evening

I simply repeated "Lep" because Dave mentioned him twice-_- thats why I put qoutations. Lol I swear if the Marines is full of people like you I should rank up quick. There's no logic behind why you would think I'm another person.

My crystal ball says......"No" And yet you've managed to "rank out" here pretty fast. From zero to nothing in a day or less.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-06-11, 07:35 PM
You are a disrespectful, failing to follow the rules, turd. Guess what? The Marines don't need you. Nor do we.

And let this be, goodbye.

Im the kewl guy
03-06-11, 07:35 PM
Dave: I suspect that the reason for this tool having to be home schooled is because he has been in reform school since childhood and could not get past 3d grade.

I hate to wish it on some poor Drill Instructor, but I hope they let him join. Said Drill Instructor will immediately wear his punk azz out. We all know that attitudes usually always get adjusted. The Adjustment Center will take care of it.

Can you please eloborate on how I'm a tool. I highly doubt you could give a good example. By the way I would like the Drill Instructor to adjust my additude, I don't need anymore fist fights..

Yeah, I'll bet all those fights you lost didn't teach you much LOL. No need for elaboration....your 'tool-ness' is pretty apparent to anyone who reads the posts.

I really feel sorry for that solitary neuron in your brain housing group, sitting there all alone in the dark behind your eyes...weeping silently in the nothingness....

Sgt Leprechaun
03-06-11, 07:38 PM
Attitude permanantly adjusted. Try barber college, or perhaps something more suited for your twiddledickery, such as another forum....other than THIS one.

Extracted for being a tool, disrespect, and the usual other reasons for such things.

Sigh. I grow weary.

rktect3j
03-06-11, 07:41 PM
Do the Marines now accept bipolar home-schooled wannabes?

When did this start?

USNAviator
03-06-11, 07:42 PM
Attitude permanantly adjusted. Try barber college, or perhaps something more suited for your twiddledickery, such as another forum....other than THIS one.

Extracted for being a tool, disrespect, and the usual other reasons for such things.

Sigh. I grow weary.

Jason ever think of making a template???....lol

Sgt Leprechaun
03-06-11, 07:45 PM
RK...NEVER. LOL.

Dan...yeah, I really should! But sometimes it's more satisfying to just type it out.

I'm sure this dork is a Call of duty Heeerooooww of many, many, battles. Easy to be an internetz badazz but he'd likely pee himself if he really had to go toe to toe with a REAL Marine NCO chewing his azz. Or even a real Marine PFC LOL.

And now, using the wonderful mod powers that I've been granted, I get to go back and give commentary on each of his responses....hehehehehehehe....stay tuned.

USNAviator
03-06-11, 08:07 PM
And now, using the wonderful mod powers that I've been granted, I get to go back and give commentary on each of his responses....hehehehehehehe....stay tuned.

I had buddy whose soon to be x use to say to him "You have an evil sh$t eating grin" Not saying but am smiling, ah old times

Sgt Leprechaun
03-06-11, 08:10 PM
Aye.

I'd encourage all and sundry to go back and read my responses at the end of his utter kewl-ness's postings.

USNAviator
03-06-11, 08:13 PM
Aye.

I'd encourage all and sundry to go back and read my responses at the end of his utter kewl-ness's postings.

Can do!

USNAviator
03-06-11, 08:17 PM
"I really feel sorry for that solitary neuron in your brain housing group, sitting there all alone in the dark behind your eyes...weeping silently in the nothingness...."

LMAO... priceless

sscjoe
03-06-11, 08:50 PM
I have said this before, why do you people continue to entertain these ass holes.

sscjoe
03-06-11, 08:52 PM
I have said this before, why do you people continue to entertain these ass holes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i6OrOZwtmA

Sgt Leprechaun
03-06-11, 08:55 PM
Because it can be, at times, entertaining. Sometimes they just get yanked, but other times, it's like a cat playing with string....and they are the string.

I think it helps the GOOD kids/wannabees see that if they follow the rules, we bend over backwards to help out and go out of our way to help them. Most of the 'kids' don't cause problem one, and some go on to become regular members. It's the punks that give the rest of them a bad name. The punks are the one's I think it's worth making an example of (if I have the time).