PDA

View Full Version : Corpsman

Nerd
03-06-11, 12:45 PM
This poolee was wondering if there were any Corpsman who can answer:

- what the training is like medically?
- are you allowed to pick the type of corpsman you are (serving with Marines, or serving on a naval base, or with SEALs)?
- are Corpsmen combatants?
- would it benefit me in anyway to become a Marine first and a Corpsman second, or are they trained exactly as intensely as 0311's when going into the field?

I have been considering it for a while, but I want to earn my title as well. I'm torn. I'm thinking of getting through my contract then trying to become a Devil Doc. I'd be earning my title, but also going into medical, which is something I want to do

Marine3451
03-06-11, 12:55 PM
Corpsman are just as respected as any Marine. If its medical you want to do go into the Navy because at the end of the day same team same fight. While I'm not a Corpsman I know a few of them.

DanM
03-06-11, 01:53 PM
If you have a few days to read the information........http://www.corpsman.com/forum/ , specifically the NHCS,FMTB,and FMF forum sections.

HM's assigned to the SEALs are support only,Corpsman are NON COMBATANTS. A Corpsman can go through BUDs to become a SEAL, if he were to complete the training he would then be a SO ( Special Weapons Operations) and not a rated HM.

Nerd
03-06-11, 02:48 PM
thanks DanM!