PDA

View Full Version : Rush

ivalis
10-10-03, 06:16 PM
I used to agree w/ Al Franken when he said "Rush Limbaugh is a big fat stupid idiot."

I was wrong, Rush (an appropriate name given the recent news) is simply a common junkie.

It's ironic that Tommy Chong is begining a 9 month jail sentence for selling bongs while the fat one is getting dried out at some expensive hospital.

When is Rush going to be doing the perp walk?

Flip Fraser
10-10-03, 06:27 PM
Maybe you should get all the facts before you jump somebody.

thedrifter
10-10-03, 06:30 PM
I do not feel one ounce of compassion for him......because of his mouth on this subject...

Rush should be sent to prison.......but money talks...and BS walks......

SF

Roger
:marine:

Article
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2003/10/10/151240.shtml

ivalis
10-10-03, 06:30 PM
Flip, the Rushmeister announced to the world that he was a junkie.

leroy8541
10-10-03, 06:53 PM
Addicted to pain pills ,SO BIG FRIGGIN WHOOP, who ain't. Rush is still the man!!

garryh123
10-10-03, 06:57 PM
He got hooked on PRESCRIPTION pain pills....Happens all the time. He is only human.
You should walk a mile in FAT persons shoes before you make fun of them.

greensideout
10-10-03, 07:11 PM
I'm sure that a lot of Marines that visit this site know what pain is!

I'm also sure that if they do suffer pain, they find a way to cut the edge of it.

Rush has pain. His doctor put him on pain pills, the type that grab you. He got hooked. No one is really surprised considering what he was prescribed.

Leroy has it right, what's the big deal?

ivalis
10-10-03, 08:46 PM
Once he starts getting pills on the street he is no better than the junkies that he say should go to jail.

garryh123
10-10-03, 09:06 PM
It's not the same. His back surgury didnt work..did not releive the pain....Docs gave him more meds...just like cigarettes...addictive..I was hooked for 13 years....have been clean for 2 years.

Sparrowhawk
10-10-03, 09:07 PM
Was condemned for it.

Rush Limbaugh said, the media have overrated the Philadelphia Eagles' Donovan McNabb because they want to see a black quarterback succeed.

He must have been right; otherwise, the comments would not have sparked such outrage.

But at least now, he can say, that he only said that because he was high on drugs.....

I LIke Rush, but he's too far to the left compared to my views on things.....LOL

ivalis
10-10-03, 10:46 PM
the ditto heads are going nuts trying to apologize for rush's criminal behavior. i'm enjoying this.

garryh123
10-11-03, 12:09 AM
U are blind ivalis

firstsgtmike
10-11-03, 01:34 AM
I appreciate good satire and parody, whether it is coming from the speaker on the left, or the speaker on the right. Sometimes, through slight adjustments, you can enjoy the show in stereo.

Much has been, and will be, said about Limbaugh talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Some will be true, some will not.

When the pack smells blood, the frenzy begins.

Whether you agree with all, some, or none of his views; whether he inspires your respect, or acceptance, or disgust; you must give him credit for one thing:

He never said that it depends upon what your definition of "is" is.

firstsgtmike
10-11-03, 06:10 AM
© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

In the news this week are several reports of an exchange between syndicated talk-show host Mike Gallagher and actor-turned-leftist-poster-child Edward Asner.

The account goes like this: Mike Gallagher approached Asner at a recent cocktail party promoting the new film "Elf" in which Asner stars as Santa Claus. As Gallagher introduced himself, Asner asked his profession. When Gallagher replied "radio talk-show host," Asner replied, "I love going toe-to-toe with you guys.''

''I know,'' Gallagher replied. ''I've heard you on Sean Hannity's show.''

''Hannity's next, you know,'' Asner responded.

''Huh?'' said Gallagher.

''Hannity's next,'' said Asner. ''We're going after him just like we went after Limbaugh. And you saw what happened to Rush this week, right?''

greensideout
10-11-03, 05:28 PM
Quote:

"Asner replied, "I love going toe to toe with you guys."

Well, I've heard that he likes to do more then that with guys.

Just another social mis-fit causing trouble for anyone who goes against their personal agenda.

Sparrowhawk
10-12-03, 12:21 AM
It all shows how messed up things are.

In less then two weeks

The anti-protestors are being praised

Our troops are being blamed

The soxs as well as the cubs are in line for the world series

who would believe that?

Rush Limbaugh is a pill head

who would believe that?

and Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California

who would believe that?

I need a martini

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-12-03, 01:26 AM
I have to chime in on this whole issue. I have not read all of the replies to the thread, so if this appears elsewhere, I am sorry. But, the pure ignorence shown on this subject makes it a little...

Sparrowhawk
10-12-03, 02:19 AM
Thanks Echo_Four_Bravo

You wrote what I was thinking.

Well just finished my second martini with a beer chaser (bud light).

Hey, where is everybody?
Let me see.. hum I'm the only one here. Except for 5 guests?

1 member and 5 guests Online:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sparrowhawk,

one is registering.. Wonder who that is?

Gosh darn, it's a poolee that likes Mud Wrestling, 4x4 Trucks, Water Skiing, People (boys) with a sense of humor, Classic Rock Music.

Makes you sort of wonder about that boy! LOL

Anyways where was I?

Oh, yeah,

about rush and druggies...

One uses drugs to get high the other for the relieve of pain

one relief is of the soul the other of the physical

one can be controlled by self will, the other well its still there.

Having wrecked seven police cars chasing after criminals I been twisted and turned every which way and doctors have prescribed all kinds of drugs and pain medication.

Had I've taken them along with what the shrinks have prescribed (gone through 7 of them) why I would be, I would be like Roger (LOL, sorry bro, but this is the first time I have been on and you haven't...LOL)

Anyways, who mixed those martini's anyways/ wow were they potent!

Move over Rush...

firstsgtmike
10-12-03, 11:59 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/979355.asp

Check this out. It is an upcoming article on Rush Limbaugh in Newsweek magazine.

In 1984 I was interviewed on Morton Downey Jr's radio show in Sacramento. (No big deal, he needed one a day.) He was fired for telling a joke, and did a stint on national tv.

His local replacement was Rush Limbaugh. I listened to him on my car radio. Then Rush went national.

The Newsweek article describes the difference between an "on-stage" and an "off-stage" personae.

For many of us, there is no difference. But on the other hand ............

If nothing else, the article proves that what you see is not always what you get.

Back in the days of CB radios, I was tailgating a 16 wheeler. His radio personae was awesome. He stopped for gas, and so did I. The runt that stepped down from the cab was a joke.

Another lesson learned.

Sgt Sostand
10-13-03, 10:38 AM
Rush Limbaugh is another Hitler and he should be sent to prison for life and his ball cut off so he want make more like him

arzach
10-13-03, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ivalis
the ditto heads are going nuts trying to apologize for rush's criminal behavior. i'm enjoying this.

You would enjoy it...I guess you're the only one here who has never done anything wrong or illegal. Let he among you who is without guilt, cast the first stone.

Rush went National, as he said he would...would you have the intestinal fortitude to do the same?

CPL-Mac
10-13-03, 11:35 AM
Rush says some crazy things and some good things. With anyone who gives their opinion over the radio you have to take them with a grain of salt. At least he had the balls to come clean. He could of pulled a Clinton and said he bought the drugs but didn't swallow them.

I saw on tv the other night Martin Sheen condemming Rush. Out of all people! Such a hypocrite.

Here's a guy who has lived his whole life on drugs(mostly not perscription). Both of his kids have been to rehad so many times the clinic built a revolving door for them. But there he was taking a stand "as a father". Some father, who screwed his maid while on a coke binge and had Emilo.

ivalis
10-13-03, 09:43 PM
hell yes i've broken just bout all the laws at one time or another. i'm not the hypocrite telling everyone to behave and making a ton of money doing so while i'm high.
by the way, Rush was doing "street" drugs.

LONEEAGLE
10-14-03, 09:38 AM
Rush....Sure, he can afford new hearin' devices put in his ears, to hear. Sure he can afford to go to maybe a treatment center. The one thing I respect from anyone...........admission of fault, wrong. There is no law against being addicted to pain killers. I don't think he got them by illiciit means. I don't agree with Rush on many things, but he's not he's not afraid to admit who he is, what he is, and now his problem....IF HE GOT THE PAIN KILLER'S ILLEGALLY? THEN HE SHOULD BE TREATED JUST LIKE THE ANY OTHER PERSON WHO OBTAINS DRUGS ILLEGALLY. YET, IT'S LIKE THIS YA'LL.....IF YOU DON'T GET CAUGHT, WHAT CAN THEY DO? IS THERE EVIDENCE TO PROVE HE BOUGHT THEM ILLEGALLY? I DON'T KNOW MYSELF. GIVE THE MAN SOME SLACK....IF HE DID GET THEM ILLEGALLY, OR LEGALLY, HE "ADMITTED HE IS HOOKED." Now my question is; "IS HE DOIN' THIS SO HE DON'T GET BUSTED?" IF SO.....HE SHOULD PAY THE PRICE....IF HE GOT THEM LEGALLY, HE'S GETTIN' HELP. THAT SHOULD BE AT LEAST ONE STRIKE FOR HIS GOOD.....

arzach
10-14-03, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by ivalis
hell yes i've broken just bout all the laws at one time or another. i'm not the hypocrite telling everyone to behave and making a ton of money doing so while i'm high.
by the way, Rush was doing "street" drugs.

I don't recall Rush getting on anyone who was 'legitimatly' hooked on legal pain-killers...crack, heroin or coke maybe, but that was their 'choice'...when a Dr. prescribes meds that are addictive, he should wean the patient off them..not just stop prescribing them.

You're so quick to condemn Rush, yet not nary a word about martin sheen, charlie sheen or robert downey jr. ...all lefties...That's hypocritical in itself.

Catz1611
10-14-03, 11:25 AM
The thing is..the people who are enjoying bagging on Rush and his problem..Have NEVER been in his situation, and Have NO CLUE as to what they are spouting off about.. and it's sad.. cause they sound...

CAS3
10-14-03, 11:30 AM
CATZ...
Since I can't email you or Pm you, I am asking you in this forum. I apologize.
Please correct your profile...are you a Marine or wife of a Marine.
If a wife and not a Marine, please remove the chevrons.
Thank You

arzach
10-14-03, 11:33 AM
Thanks Catz, for the fresh air....

Wrote this before I saw your addendum...the air is even fresher...once again, Thank You!

Catz1611
10-14-03, 11:47 AM
CAS3..sorry for the confusion..I am a Former Marine..I was in from 1992-1997 ...I am not Active Duty so I put a "NO" where it asked if I was a Marine..because I couldn't put that I am a Former Marine..it didn't give that option.....and I didn't want to put a "YES" and have people assume or think I'm an active duty Marine now..

I just assumed by the information I did provide, that people would have seen it and figured it out..but I guess not. NO worries though..I have to change my location as well, since we are no longer in Australia...

CAS3
10-14-03, 11:51 AM
Not a problem...Those admin fellas try to confuse all of us...

Once a Marine Always a Marine...there is the answer!

I thought you were putting the hubbys info down.
Glad to see I am not the only WM who married a Marine!

ivalis
10-14-03, 02:00 PM
if rush had a "script" why did his housekeeper have to get him dope on the street.

Rush only fessed up cause it was gonna be in the paper anyway. Probably something his lawyer, Roy Black, told him to. Sound legal advise.

garryh123
10-14-03, 08:13 PM
Monday, October 13, 2003
By Neil Cavuto

Rush Limbaugh (search) is off the air. But his critics are only just now getting on his back. As he tries to kick his prescription drug habit, those who hate him are just kicking him. I say, give it a rest.

I'll admit it: I'm biased. I like Rush. He's a kind and decent man and, few people know, a very, very generous man as well. Generous with his time and his money.

But I'm not here to sing his praises. I am here to put things in perspective. Taking painkillers to stop pain doesn't make you a sinner. It does make you human.

Many celebrities wear their frailties on their sleeves. They make themselves causes. Leave it to Rush himself to say, he is neither a cause nor a hero.

He's built his career going after all that is politically correct. So it's not surprising that all who are politically correct are building their careers now going after him.

They call it outrageous this drug habit of Rush's. Yet they barely blinked an eye at the repeated drug habits of actor Robert Downey, Jr. His vices were OK. Rush's were not.

They call him a hypocrite for pointing fingers. Yet they never said boo when a certain president pointed his finger.

There's nothing wrong with being human and failing. There is everything wrong with being selective and phony.

I'm not fit to lecture you on healthy eating. Far be it from some liberals to lecture anyone on healthy lifestyles.

Rush never called himself a saint. His sin was calling liberals on the carpet. Yet his was always about the policy of the person, not the person.

Again, I'm biased. I like Rush. I admire Rush. So, I'm sticking by Rush and I'm praying for Rush.

Keeping people in the dark about your inner pain doesn't make you bad. It does make you vulnerable. Vulnerable to enemies you know you had and to so-called friends you thought you had.

Rush, all I'm saying is there are a lot of people out there still not keen on you. Please know there are far more -- far more – people that are still very much rooting for you.

Watch Neil Cavuto's Common Sense weekdays at 4 p.m. ET on Your World with Cavuto.