PDA

View Full Version : You might be a Marine

USNAviator
03-04-11, 06:47 PM
You might be a Marine

You might be a Marine if you have ran a marathon because you were bored.
You might be a Marine if you did one thing one minute only to do the exact opposite 20 minutes later and totally undo what you previously did.
You might be a Marine if you ended up with two different size boots after a squad bay tornado.
You might be a Marine if you carry “Mrs Dash” seasoning to improve your meals.
You might be a Marine if you can sleep anywhere anytime rain or shine.
You might be a Marine if you have worn the same clothes for a week while chasing badguys in Afghanistan.
You might be a Marine if you consider dropping artillery as a “deterrent”. 1<sup>st</sup> rule in Marine artillery, only bring artillery if you want to kill everyone.
You might be a Marine if you have humped 20 miles with 40+ lbs on your back, sat in an ambush position while it rained sideways (forest gump voice) and watched every critter make a nest under your poncho.
You might be a Marine if you don’t take “no” for an answer and shun those that use the word “cant.”
You might be a Marine if you adapt and improvise, fix anything with 100mph speed tape and wire while making MacGyverlook like a girl scout.
You might be a Marine if you giggle like a little girl with excitement when the third and fourth JDAM slam into the enemy’s position as you sit hunkered down danger close.
You might be a Marine if you showed up at the hotel you were staying at after the Marine Corps Ball with nothing on but your dress blue trousers a cowboy hat and a new tattoo.
You might be a Marine if you have traded two Main meals for a lemon pound cake
You might be a Marine if you can construct three different lean to shelters at night with it raining of course.
You might be a Marine (in Afg) if you have broken an E-tool on rocks while digging a fighting position.
You might be a Marine if you have read “Message to Garcia”.
You might be a Marine if you have fallen asleep standing up.
You might be a Marine if you know your boot camp drill instructors names still.
You might be a Marine if you move your house & family every three years
You might be a Marine if you ever crushed someone for a jacked up uniform
You might be a senior enlisted Marine if you have ever crushed a Marine for having his music so loud in his car the blood vessels in your eyes ruptured
You might be a Marine if you have done multiple combat tours, worked, sweated, bled, encouraged, lead, some of Americas citizens that became the world’s finest.
You might be a Marine if you if you are always faithful (Semper Fidelis)

Fair Winds Marines

VictoryttBold
03-04-11, 06:52 PM
:flag:YUT !!!

bilesga
03-04-11, 06:59 PM
:thumbup:
You might be a Marine

You might be a Marine if you have ran a marathon because you were bored.
You might be a Marine if you did one thing one minute only to do the exact opposite 20 minutes later and totally undo what you previously did.
You might be a Marine if you ended up with two different size boots after a squad bay tornado.
You might be a Marine if you carry “Mrs Dash” seasoning to improve your meals.
You might be a Marine if you can sleep anywhere anytime rain or shine.
You might be a Marine if you have worn the same clothes for a week while chasing badguys in Afghanistan.
You might be a Marine if you consider dropping artillery as a “deterrent”. 1<SUP>st</SUP> rule in Marine artillery, only bring artillery if you want to kill everyone.
You might be a Marine if you have humped 20 miles with 40+ lbs on your back, sat in an ambush position while it rained sideways (forest gump voice) and watched every critter make a nest under your poncho.
You might be a Marine if you don’t take “no” for an answer and shun those that use the word “cant.”
You might be a Marine if you adapt and improvise, fix anything with 100mph speed tape and wire while making MacGyverlook like a girl scout.
You might be a Marine if you giggle like a little girl with excitement when the third and fourth JDAM slam into the enemy’s position as you sit hunkered down danger close.
You might be a Marine if you showed up at the hotel you were staying at after the Marine Corps Ball with nothing on but your dress blue trousers a cowboy hat and a new tattoo.
You might be a Marine if you have traded two Main meals for a lemon pound cake
You might be a Marine if you can construct three different lean to shelters at night with it raining of course.
You might be a Marine (in Afg) if you have broken an E-tool on rocks while digging a fighting position.
You might be a Marine if you have read “Message to Garcia”.
You might be a Marine if you have fallen asleep standing up.
You might be a Marine if you know your boot camp drill instructors names still.
You might be a Marine if you move your house & family every three years
You might be a Marine if you ever crushed someone for a jacked up uniform
You might be a senior enlisted Marine if you have ever crushed a Marine for having his music so loud in his car the blood vessels in your eyes ruptured
You might be a Marine if you have done multiple combat tours, worked, sweated, bled, encouraged, lead, some of Americas citizens that became the world’s finest.
You might be a Marine if you if you are always faithful (Semper Fidelis)
Fair Winds Marines

advanced
03-05-11, 06:33 AM
I bet a lot of the new guys don't get this one;

"You might be a Marine if you have traded two Main meals for a lemon pound cake"

gkmoz
03-05-11, 06:41 AM
Love Pound Cake ! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I never ate it before in my life, until I was in the Marines ! Bread pudding too !!!!! mmmmmmmmmm

hbharrison
03-05-11, 12:11 PM
Yep, luuuuuv the pound lemon pound cake :)

USNAviator
03-05-11, 12:19 PM
1000 lb JDAM striking a target. I don't know if they giggled but they sure sounded happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k42t9IRpaAE&feature=related

Silentwarrior17
03-05-11, 12:34 PM
1000 lb JDAM striking a target. I don't know if they giggled but they sure sounded happy

Those always make us happy Sir! :D

ggyoung
03-05-11, 12:42 PM
You have to have the can of peaches with the pound cake

micarr57
03-05-11, 07:32 PM
**** discs and c rat peanut butter

bucksgted
03-05-11, 09:28 PM
It was fruit cocktail and pound cake for me!!!

Cardboardbox
03-05-11, 11:24 PM
I had lemon pound cake during the Crucible... mmmm. It was so good.

advanced
03-06-11, 09:24 AM
During the monsoon of 68-69 they were rationing c-rats because the choppers couldn't fly and the convoys were being attacked. At An Hoa a bud and I stripped down and went through the wire at supply and threw 5-6 cases of c's and 2 cases of long rats over the wire.

Going through all the meals in the cases of c's there was only 1 pound cake per case of c's. Bet you all didn't know that.

SsgtCut
03-06-11, 01:59 PM
Amen Brother!!

nullisecundus
03-06-11, 03:35 PM
I had lemon pound cake during the Crucible... mmmm. It was so good.

No it wasnt, nothing in an mre is good.

MarinesFTW
03-06-11, 03:42 PM
No it wasnt, nothing in an mre is good.

R u kidding me?? MRE Lemon Pound cake is better then most things a bakery can offer....

Rocky C
03-06-11, 04:55 PM
You might be a Marine

If you carried a bottle of hot sauce in the field to pour over those nasty c-rats.

hbharrison
03-06-11, 05:10 PM
Toobassco good for most c-rats and spam:thumbup:

rufus1
03-06-11, 07:35 PM
Gag a maggot = ham and eggs. If you got the last box of c-rats you always knew what they were before you looked HAM & EGGS. Worse than the peanut butter and crackers.

hbharrison
03-07-11, 01:57 AM
Ham & Eggs not to bad with a lot of good ol Tooobassco. It was those Ham & MF's sucked.

benw2200
03-15-11, 08:09 PM
You might be a Marine if....

You have ever wondered what purpose, if any, the Veggie Omelette MRE actually serves. Anyone?

teufelmonteur
03-15-11, 10:00 PM
Hahaha...the lemon pound cake...such fond memories! Falling asleep standing up...definitely. Sleep anywhere, anytime? Yup, even while marching.

Silentwarrior17
03-17-11, 01:27 PM
You might be a Marine if....

You have ever wondered what purpose, if any, the Veggie Omelette MRE actually serves. Anyone?

I think they put it in there just to make sure you don't have TOO much morale.

Apache
03-17-11, 05:56 PM
Monsoons 68-69
Nothing was moving
Mess Sgt got intel on location of some C Rats
I was sent to pick up a load with two Pvts
Had to fight our way in and out
Damm Gooks wanted them bad

End result Mission accomplished

teufelmonteur
03-17-11, 07:57 PM

I think they put it in there just to make sure you don't have TOO much morale.

It would not surprise me one bit.