PDA

View Full Version : DEP questions

Dswaffo
03-03-11, 07:15 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to this site, I am currently waiting to enlist in the Marines. I have a few questions, I looked to see if there were any other questions like this out there but I could not find any.

So my question is: I currently have my GED, I was told by a few people that the Army allows enlistment with a GED as long as you have the 22 college credits, I currently have 16 and the Army said " you can DEP in with 16 as long as you complete 22 by xxxx date. Does the Marine Corps offer this as well? I know this is not the Army. But I am curious, as I am very anxious to start training and earn the title of a Marine.

Thank you all for your time

David Swafford.

Wyoming
03-03-11, 07:30 PM
Go see a Recruiter.

Dswaffo
03-03-11, 08:13 PM
I contact my recruiter every couple weeks and ask the same question, but he always replies with " I am not sure, I will find out and call you back." So I have come here to find out if anyone else knows.

Lisa 23
03-03-11, 08:36 PM
Use the search bar.........GED's has been covered many times before here on Leatherneck.
Also, instead of calling the recruiter, go and talk with him/her face-to-face. You'll find out that you'll get more accomplished that way.

03Mike
03-03-11, 09:47 PM
I" I am not sure, I will find out and call you back."

That doesn't mean he doesn't know the regs. That means he doesn't know if he has room for someone with a GED and a handful of college credits over the other poolees and wannabes he has in the chute.

Tennessee Top
03-03-11, 09:59 PM
Here's a hint...you are not one of your Recruiter's priorities right now. Welcome to life's lessons. Go talk to an Army recruiter and "be all you can be".

Dswaffo
03-04-11, 01:09 AM
I am good on "being all I can be" the Army is not for me, I have had a dream of becoming a Marine since I was a youngster. So I am going to stick with my dream, but thanks for the support.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-04-11, 08:00 PM
Sorry, but with your current status (GED/16) the answer will, in all likelihood, be "No". The Marine Corps takes very, very few GED'ers and those must be VERY well qualified, with those credits, etc.

Realistically, the Marine Corps is not going to DEP you at this time. However, once you complete your army enlistment, the Corps will still be there.