PDA

View Full Version : Combat Engineer and more questions about USMC.

kontroversy
03-03-11, 01:21 AM
Hello my name is Damarius Lindsay, I'm 15 and I live in Gulfport, MS. I'm interested in joining the U.S. Marine Corp as a combat engineer, or something similar. I have a few questions about the MOS and the USMC. 1st What is the typical day like for a combat engineer, 2nd what is like when you first talk to a recruiter, 3rd will I get higher rank since I'm in USNSCC, 4th what is life like on Camp Pendelton and the other bases, 5th how do I tell my parents I want to enlist in the USMC delayed enlistment when I reach grade 12? And what is basic training like?

Thank you

Damarius Lindsay

kontroversy
03-03-11, 01:25 AM
Sorry about all the questions, just wanna know what I'm getting into.

Tennessee Top
03-03-11, 01:56 AM
First...it's the Marine Corps (we are not a corporation).

You're right...too many questions. It would take a book to answer them all and none of us have that kind of time on our hands. Narrow them down to the one or two most important to you and try again.

MarinesFTW
03-03-11, 06:21 AM
Ill answer one of those. First off we have Boot Camp or Recruit Training, not basic, that is the army. Boot Camp will change your life for the good, its physically demanding but even more, its mentally demanding. You will hate your life and wonder what you got yourself into for the first month, after that it becomes a simple routine. Your told what to do, and exactly how to do it every step of the way. Every task there is simple, but because your always stressed, the simpliest tasks become challenging. It sounds funny, but that's the way it goes. You will learn to live and breathe Marine Corps in everything you do. Its the best decision a kid can make in my opinion. I work on 25 million dollar aircraft, no other kid in my graduating class can even come close to that. You have a sense of pride unmatched by anything else. You'll walk taller and carry yourself with a sense of purpose in life. You'll be physically fit and ready to do what ever you're told on a moments notice. Its been a hell of a ride for me so far, and I've still got alot of time left, and I couldn't be more excited. Everyone is your brother, if you get your ass chewed, its strictly professional, nothings personal. You are still young and have alot of time before you can even join, but I was the exact same way. I talked to a recruiter a month after I turned 16, got hooked, researched and knew what I wanted and what to expect. Talking to a recruiter as a young age, they may just tell you to come back when you are older. If anything, get as much information from them as possible and just keep trying, they will give in sooner or later. Don't do drugs, or do anything that could harm your chances of enlisting. The fact that I knew that I wanted to join at a young age kept me away from alot of bad stuff and kept my head on strait. Its simple, and strait forward.

Lisa 23
03-03-11, 07:47 AM
If you do your research on this forum, I am pretty sure that every single question that you have posted has been answered already. I know I my self have answered many questions on being a Combat Engineer. Take some time and do some digging, if for some reason you can't find anything let me know.
:thumbup:

While it's nice to plan for your future, you're only 15. Focus on getting good grades in school, and whatever you do, DO NOT quit school. A high school diploma is better to have than a GED.

kontroversy
06-14-13, 09:13 AM
Well, since the thread is not closed, I would like to thank you Marines for guiding me the correct way. I have been working with a Marine Corps recruiter for the past week, I've taken my EST and I'm heading to MEPs sometimes next week! I'm so excited and grateful to have such an opportunity, I will keep everyone updated on my process.

m14ed
06-15-13, 04:13 AM
We hope you've been doing some study
on My MarineCorps in the last few years...

It sounds as though time hasn't slowed you
down or lessened your interests...

Keep us informed to your progress,,
We're always interested.....

kontroversy
03-24-14, 05:57 PM
I've taken my ASVAB last Thursday, passed... Now I'm just waiting to go to MEPs, I'm going the stand-by route.. The three MOS fields I'm choosing are: 1. Supply Administration and Operations, 2. Engineer, Construction, Facilities, and Equipment, 3. Utilities or Airfield Services... Any tips or opinions?

Thanks, D. Lindsay

kontroversy
03-24-14, 05:59 PM
Going Active Duty by the way..