PDA

View Full Version : Combat Engineer and more questions about USMC.

kontroversy
03-03-11, 01:07 AM
Hello, my name is Damarius Lindsay, I'm 15 years old and I'm from Mississippi. I'm interested in joining the U.S. Marine Corp as a Combat Engineer. I would like to know what the MOS is like, 2nd how is it when you first talk to a recruiter, 3rd how is life in the U.S. Marines, and 4th how do I tell my parents I wanna join the Marine Corp? Do you get higher rank from JROTC and USNSCC?

Thank you
Damarius Lindsay

Sgt Leprechaun
03-04-11, 07:53 PM
Many of your questions can be answered by using a search feature here on the forum.

Use the terms:

"Combat engineer"
"Talk to recruiter" or "Recruiter"
"Life"
"Telling parents"

The last I heard, you had to do all three (or however many is required) years of JROTC to get E-2 upon enlistment. A recruiter would be able to give you more information on that.

There is nothing wrong with making a personal visit to a recruiter NOW, although you are still too young. They will give you a LOT of information to look at. Worth the trip.

Welcome to the site!

Covey_Rider
03-04-11, 08:07 PM
This is the second time you have created this thread. If you did not like the answers that you received the first time you posted here, move along. I'm not sure why you are asking these questions again, after you have already been told what to do.

Lisa 23
03-04-11, 08:11 PM
Hello, my name is Damarius Lindsay, I'm 15 years old and I'm from Mississippi. I'm interested in joining the U.S. Marine Corp as a Combat Engineer. I would like to know what the MOS is like, 2nd how is it when you first talk to a recruiter, 3rd how is life in the U.S. Marines, and 4th how do I tell my parents I wanna join the Marine Corp? Do you get higher rank from JROTC and USNSCC?

Thank you
Damarius Lindsay

It's Marine Corps

Sgt Leprechaun
03-04-11, 08:12 PM
I missed the first thread...(?) How did I do that by chance?

Lisa 23
03-04-11, 08:13 PM
I guess this one should be deleted for double posting.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-04-11, 08:14 PM
Ah, found it. Deletion inbound...

Kid, no double posts...