A wonderful Message by George Carlin:

This man continues to surprise. He definitely missed his calling in
life by being a comic........GEORGE CARLIN POST 9-11 (His wife
recently died...) Isn't it amazing that George Carlin - gross and
mouthy comedian of the 70's and 80's - could write something so very
eloquent ... and so very appropriate post 9-11. A wonderful Message
by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings
but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.
We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added
years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon
and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new
neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things. We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.
We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less.
We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwawaymorality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is such in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you
can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete.
Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side. Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent. Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.
Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to
speak, and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind. I Love You! Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.:yes: :marine:

LONEEAGLE
10-10-03, 01:49 PM
Thank you, Jerry....."A BIG SEMPER FI TO YOU TOO!!!"

rsta
10-10-03, 05:44 PM
Very good, outstanding! Sure doesn't sound like George Carlin, but maybe this is what the man really believes. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Osotogary
10-10-03, 05:49 PM
Yeah, the Hippy-Dippy Mailman has got all his lights on. Thank you for sharing Big Eagle6.
Gary(osotogary)

richgitz
10-10-03, 05:55 PM
Outstanding BigRagle6. It worries me to see how this world is
getting. Personal pleasure, Money, Power. I had a guy tell me
one time, "The more toys you have when you die is a sign that
you are a winner". Thanks for the thread. Semper-Fi

Osotogary
10-10-03, 07:11 PM
I remember hearing a professional boxer, as he was getting paid, who had been fighting with cataracs, being told that he was a bum, after he lost his preliminary fight. Of course the guy telling him this was an over weight, sloth moving, grease glossed, persperation soaked, tabacco stained patron. I darn near puked because there was no way in Hades that this critc could ever fill this boxers shoes... Ever! What was said just wasn't right or just in my opinion.
This was back in the late sixties.
The world still turns and there will always be a seperation between what one person or group defines as a winner or loser. Toys? No relevance to my decision wether a person is a winner or loser but that's just the way I was taught. I agree with you richgitz. Well said.

greybeard
10-11-03, 10:34 AM
The reason it doesn't sound like George Carlin is simple---It isn't!! Neither was "I'm a bad American".

http://www.georgecarlin.com/georgecarlin/home/home.html

LONEEAGLE
10-11-03, 10:42 AM
Greybeard? George C. never said this? I'll check out the URL, I hope this ain't another bogus thing. Hey? How's San Angelo? I lived in Tx., S/of Tyler for 20yrs. I loved it. Wife got transferred to this forbidden land, I just followed. I sure miss TEJAS. SEMPER FI.

Sparrowhawk
10-11-03, 11:40 AM
and here I was wondering about that dude...

LONEEAGLE
10-11-03, 12:27 PM
Okie dokie, Greybeard....Pretty neat how you guys can put this stuff on the site. I wish I knew how to do it.

greybeard
10-11-03, 12:44 PM
"Pretty neat how you guys can put this stuff on the site. I wish I knew how to do it"

If you want to copy something, put your mouse cursor on the beginning of it.
Hold down the left button and drag your cursor accross the text or url. It will turn blue.
Release your left mouse button. The text or url will remain highlighted blue.
Place your mouse cursor anywhere on the highlighted part. press the right mouse button one time- A box will appear.
Left Click on copy. The text or url is now copied to your windows clipboard.
When you are ready to insert it somewhere, press the ctrl and V keys at the same time-then release them both. The text will then automaticaly be copied into whatever you are writing.

LONEEAGLE
10-12-03, 10:34 AM
Thanks....I'll try it. Also went to Carlin's sight, he talked about a lot of false e-mails. I didn't find this one. So who knows? It's good whomever wrote it. And I'm glad everyone has enjoyed it. Thanks again.