PDA

View Full Version : Taking Leave.

ImpatientPoolee
03-02-11, 04:05 PM
Hello Marines.

I just had a quick question. I don't know if you gentleman have heard of the "Tough Mudder", but it's a 12 mile "event" filled with obstacle courses. You do it as a team, and at the end they give you a free beer. I know Marines go their for recruiting purposes. Many people who do it say it was one of their best experiences...anyways... me and some buddies were planning on doing it when it came to central Texas on October 8-9...so you can begin to understand my question...

I leave for bootcamp March 28th, and I'm going to be a Grunt. How likely is it that I can take leave if I'm done with SOI at that time but haven't yet shipped off overseas?

Thanks, hope you have a good day!

Poolee Gracy.

03Mike
03-02-11, 04:26 PM
Depends on your unit - I'd say that chances are slim that you'll get leave for this.

If you have completed your MOS schooling and have reported to your fleet unit (I'm assuming a "Victor" unit - an infantry battalion) you'll most likely have to hit the ground running... and quite frankly, reporting into a unit as a boot and requesting leave is not a way to make a good impression.

SlingerDun
03-02-11, 05:16 PM
Sounds demanding. Could you stand not being old enough to consume your award after the course? I think that would about break my heart, specially if it was ice cold

ImpatientPoolee
03-02-11, 07:22 PM
Sounds demanding. Could you stand not being old enough to consume your award after the course? I think that would about break my heart, specially if it was ice cold

Hah. Fake ID's. :D Kidding...sorta...haha.

Thank you Marines, I figured the answer would be along those lines...we'll just have to see. I'll recognize the situation when that time comes and if it's meant to be then it's meant to be.

Cheers.