PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to become a Helo Crewchief?

itsy
03-02-11, 11:37 AM
I've done research but cannot seem to find the questions I have. I have read that the attrition rate for the MOS school is extremely high.. why is this? Would I fail my secret security clearence for a shoplifting record at the age of 15 and driving without a License at 16? When do you go to SERE? What do they typically place you in if you were to fail a clearence or failed half way through MOS School. What should be my primary concerns right now wanting to go into this MOS. I also hear that you will not have a permanent aircraft till about the halfway mark into your enlistment if you lucky. Isn't AG Contract guarnteed aircrew? Lastly what is this MOS like once you hit the fleet? Thank you in advance.

Wyoming
03-02-11, 12:36 PM
What is a Helo?

Devil1087
03-02-11, 03:18 PM
Aircrew SERE isn't what you think, aircrew doesn't have any super secret information that's going to get tortured out of you. You just learn to live the woods and evade capture.

To get in, be able to pass a flight physical, be a good swimmer. If you can do that you're golden. The clearance you need I think is only secret, not top secret.

MarinesFTW
03-02-11, 05:19 PM
The reason for not having an exact platform until half way through your enlistment is because you spend half your damn enlistment in school, that is no joke. Alot of people fail out of AC because they get hurt, and if your classed up and you want to go to medical, your dropped and you will be given a new job, like AO, AM, or AD (ordinance, airframe, power plant). I don't know much about the fleet for AC because all my friends who are AC, are still in school. If you want it, go for it. Swim alot, and I really do mean alot. Run, swim, run, swim, and don't forget to swim and run. Best advice right there.

itsy
03-02-11, 07:44 PM
I see. So injury is the main reason for people dropping out? I couldn't imagine that, to see the injury rate so high from running and swimming. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Tennessee Top
03-03-11, 12:32 PM
You meant to say...thanks for the feedback Marines (they have earned the title).