PDA

View Full Version : Head injury and MEPS

jd5989
03-02-11, 10:44 AM
In August I was a little intoxicated, lost my balance and hit my head on the sidewalk. I briefly lost consciousness and went to the hospital to get a few staples in my head because I also cut my head. I got to the hospital around 2AM and left in the early morning, passing all cogitative and radiographic tests. My doctor wrote me a note stating I had experienced a brief loss of consciousness and I did not display the clinical sequelae of a noteworthy closed head injury. Also that radiographic and cognitive studies confirmed that I did not sustain a traumatic brain injury.

I did not need any follow ups and never experienced any problems from the injury. My recruiter said to lie about it, but I'd rather not, especially if I get another head injury while on duty, I don't want to have to lie and say it was my first.

My recruiter does not know what MEPS will say about this and I won't know for at least another month, but does anyone here know what is likely to happen if I give just that note to MEPS? I don't mind doing follow up exams by MEPS. I just want to get in.

Lisa 23
03-02-11, 10:57 AM
No one here knows what will happen at MEPS.
DON'T LIE!!! It's better to be safe than sorry.

jd5989
03-02-11, 11:52 AM
I'm not going to lie. I'm just so worried I am going to get a permenant DQ or will have to wait 2 years. The fact I have to wait to find out is killing me, its all I think about. I think I will be okay with the note, but I'm afraid any injury will be a problem.

Tennessee Top
03-02-11, 11:53 AM
Do NOT lie about anything. Fraudulant enlistments almost always result from lies and usually result in discharge from the service (with no chance of going back in). That is just too much to risk. <br />

jd5989
03-02-11, 03:51 PM
I'm not going to lie. I was just asking if anyone had any idea what would happen in my case.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-04-11, 07:48 PM
This is one that only MEPS can realistically answer. I'd say your chances are about 50/50.