PDA

View Full Version : Passing Time.

chad6025
03-01-11, 10:31 PM
Hello everybody, I am a new member to this website but I have visited a lot but just now decided to make an account and join you Marines and Poolees/Wannabees!. but i really need some advice from Some Marines I am a Senior in high school and graduate this year my ship date is 20110906 me and my identical twin brother both leave on that day we are on the buddy system he signed a HH contract(5 year infantry), I signed a UH Contract(4 year infantry). well anyway I have 2 questions and I need some advice on one thing. First off we are identical twins on the buddy system and his name is C.Chapman and my name is C.Chapman so I was wondering how they were gonna address us at MCRD San Deigo a former friend of mine said they may call us by numbers but he is not sure. Next do people get harassed on the buddy system like they used to? or have things changed plus I would think it would make things worse being we are identical twins and all. And the advice I was looking for was I have about 7 months until I ship and I have no clue on how to pass time I just keep counting the days, I PT almost everyday and its still not helping me anybody have any suggestions on what i can do?
PS,
I would like to thank all of you Marines for your service I really do appreciate what you guys do for our country and I hope to join The Few and The Proud soon.. :flag:

IHaveEGA843
03-02-11, 07:30 AM
Whats going on man? Good choice in pursuing in the military and especially the Marine Corps!

The best place to ask these questions are in the ask a Marine section of the Recruit forums.

Be aware though, come with correct and proper english and the upmost respect for the Marines. Always capitalize Marine/Marine Corps also man. Heed my good words or you'll get chewed out.

Hope you learn alot of info from this site *I know you will*, train hard, and continue to strive to becoming a Marine!

DudefromDiego
03-05-11, 01:04 AM
Heed my good words or you'll get chewed out.

Chewed out? :p I wish.... Showing disrespect to a Marine and you'll be meeting a "Leprechaun" imminently. I have heard of tales of a Leprechaun that banishes minions to far off kingdoms with a flick of his wrist :bunny:

DGarmo
03-05-11, 11:19 AM
Also, don't call Softball_Catch, Sir. She is a ma'am. Its funny how many people have gotten chewed out for small things like that.do.a search of the buddy system qestion before you post just in case. Welcome to the forum bro.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-05-11, 05:16 PM
Good advice....also read the rules of the forums....posted in the 'Ask a Marine' section.

Moved to there....

Lisa 23
03-05-11, 05:43 PM
Also, don't call Softball_Catch, Sir. She is a ma'am. Its funny how many people have gotten chewed out for small things like that.do.a search of the buddy system qestion before you post just in case. Welcome to the forum bro.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Fun%20Smilies/th_Thankx.gif (http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Fun%20Smilies/?action=view&current=Thankx.gif)

crazymjb
03-07-11, 10:53 PM
After high school time passes waaaay too fast. Enjoy your summer, don't get into trouble, don't get anyone pregnant, don't get hurt. Relax a little bit from the 13 years of schooling you just got through. I went from my graduation to boot camp to SOI within a couple days, my fiance graduated on the Sunday we went up to MEPS. If I had had that summer off I would have stayed in shape and enjoyed it. Especially as active duty this is your last hoo-rah before you grow up really fast.

Mike