PDA

View Full Version : RSS Detroit having Family Night

PooleeGewarges
03-01-11, 07:05 PM
RSS Detroit will have a family night this 18th of March. My first one I'm going to, and for those who already had one, what should I expect?

Kiri
03-02-11, 03:29 PM
a lot of standing up, sitting down, yelling, and trying not to laugh at other people.

Tbrown10
03-02-11, 03:36 PM
Its pretty fun. good food, alot of Q&A and you get to see all the other poolies/recruiters. we actually had 3 Drill instructors from Parris island there, whew i was scared to death just looking at them

Nerd
03-02-11, 10:37 PM
whoa family night. what is that all about, my RS has never had one as far as I know

PooleeGewarges
03-03-11, 05:06 AM
From what I have been hearing and watching videos of family night on youtube, you come with your family and the Marines fly in drill instructors from the island and they mess you up infrotn of your loved oned for a little taste of what is to come.

DGarmo
03-03-11, 09:23 AM
My RSS is going a day before yours. Its gonna suck being IT'd but its going to be good to have the expierence. It should be lots of fun :P

Nerd
03-03-11, 12:07 PM
Oh yea we've had family night before. It was more like family day. We went to the Marine Corps museum and got yelled by only one drill instructor. We kept getting up and running from one position to another and sitting down. Some half-motivated poolee stole my spot so I sat down next to them out of the line and got IT'd it was awesome!

Barnett20110425
03-03-11, 12:58 PM
My RSS is supposed to have family night in Caruthersville, MO on April 9....kinda nervous about it. Mainly excited though.

USMC Infantry
03-08-11, 12:14 PM
My RSS has never had a family night maybe because it is in Sonoma County, CA

Tj3119
03-11-11, 11:07 AM
just had my RS family night last night... we really didnt see the DI's until it was to late lol. There were about 50 of us from 3 different RS. They had us leave the room and stand information and the DI's and recruiters did a Q & A with our parents. Then they called us back into the room and had us stand in information. Then the DI's came out the side door and all hell broke lose. You soon forgot you were at a dinner with your family and just sounded off like never before and what ever the DI's asked you to do you did and yelled at the top of your lunges. It was just like bootcamp from the stuff you can see on the internet. 3 DI's on one kid yelling their faces off until there voices started to give out. In all it was about 30 mins the first i wanna say 15 mins is straight IT. The rest we had to sit down and the Senior DI allowed us Poolees to ask 10 questions. It was funny though because none of us wanted to ask a question so they had to pick 10 kids at random. You had to ask question as if you were in bootcamp. "Evening Ma' am evening gentlemen, this recruit blah from RS blah would like to ask a question." The DI would say "ask it" one kid asked how many hours of PT are at bootcamp. The DI laughed told him to sit down, more like yelled, and said "3 months." On the inside i was laughing, on the outside i just kept looking at the back of the kids head in front of me. If you messed up or did something wrong the DI's just chewed your ass out. There was also a lot of "ears", "open sir" and "eye balls", "click sir". One kid hurt his ankle some how?? all we did when getting IT'd were push-ups and jumping jacks. When they said we could go back to our families the kid was sitting on the ground still, saying he couldnt walk... BIG MISTAKE the kid got chewed out for another 5 mins by himself. There's not a whole lot that would have kept me sitting on the ground to tell the DI's i was hurt. Anyways in the end it was fun. you got a taste of bootcamp. it made me wanna go to bootcamp even more. If i can give any advice just remember to sound off like never before, and do what they ask only when they ask it and you should stay under the DI's radar.

pattchan
03-11-11, 11:16 AM
RSS Pontiac here on march 18th to. dont know what to expect either

PicanteMattyG01
03-18-11, 07:44 AM
Do you need to know general orders and ranks?

PooleeGewarges
03-18-11, 09:08 AM
Do you need to know general orders and ranks?

Maybe, we will see Gaiownik!

Gray4
03-18-11, 11:17 PM
So how bad was it boys? I am a branch of detroit pretty sure the di from your family night will be comming to ours here in lima.

pattchan
03-19-11, 06:49 AM
we wore dress shirts and ties and they made us PT with that. basically yelling at you with the DI voice. then parents asked some questions

PooleeGewarges
03-19-11, 07:32 AM
we wore dress shirts and ties and they made us PT with that. basically yelling at you with the DI voice. then parents asked some questions

We had to wear our poolee t shirts tucked in. We had a female DI, and she only pted us for 2 minutes, not even. Then we ate chow and parents got answers from questions.

Gray4
03-19-11, 09:06 AM
how long was your guys family night, hows is suppose to go on for 2 1/2 hours

PicanteMattyG01
03-20-11, 08:48 PM
It was actually pretty fun. :)

Gray4
03-21-11, 01:04 AM
We had ours in lima a branch of rss detroit. Unlike the youtube videos i watched we got ited outside the legion and had to it in our dress clothes. Had to run about 40 yards and back for a good 20 min.

I am glad our rss had the chance to get somewhat of a idea of what the drill instructors will be like.

USMC Infantry
03-22-11, 12:05 PM
just found out my RSS is having family night sometime in the next 2 months :cry: