PDA

View Full Version : Mos

Poolee Epperson
02-28-11, 11:57 PM
Okay, so i'm a poolee and a few months ago i got my MOS, its not the one i wanted so i opetd out and instead chose Infantry. That was about 7 months ago. A Few days ago, my mom found this out and had a nervous breakdown, so me and my recruiter put in a request for a Pool Modification for MOS's. My 3 choices were: Counstrcution(Combat Engineer) Communications(Radio Operator) and Heavy rqupiment reapir(Mechanic), can anyone tell me which one i'm most likely to get if i get it at all?

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-11, 12:05 AM
Are you texting???

Check your spelling...yeek.

Anyway, if I had to guess, it would be "Communications/Field Radio Operator". That is an MOS that is always chronically short of Marines.

IF you get it.

And of course, now you know why you don't tell mom this stuff until it's too late...LOL.

OH..and complete your profile or this one is locked.

Poolee Epperson
03-01-11, 12:15 AM
Yes sir i edited it. And why is it always Short? And what is the likelyhood of me getting it?

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-11, 12:20 AM
No idea, depends on the current school manning. It's short because a LOT of the Marines who get the MOS end up lat moving or getting out at the end of their enlistment. Take that for what you will but I personally HATED the job. Other opinions differ of course, that is just mine.

Also, are you a 'friend' or a poolee?

Poolee Epperson
03-01-11, 12:25 AM
Poolee. I didn't know if my recruiter would want his info on here. I'll change it. Why did you hate it?

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-11, 12:34 AM
It's ok, most of them have their info on here.

I didn't like it for a number of reasons. Check out the open squad bay thread I answered a similiar question there.

Poolee Epperson
03-01-11, 03:04 PM
Thanks!