PDA

View Full Version : I don't have any options, do I?

AlxGry
02-28-11, 08:23 PM
Hey guys, wannabe here. <br />
<br />
So basically i have a pretty bad juvenile record. Multiple charges and because of it all I've had to see many counselors and been on meds. Ive been put into placement...

josephd
02-28-11, 08:30 PM
I would never usually tell someone to give up on something but in your case with all the issues I don't see it happening.

sparkie
02-28-11, 08:30 PM
We are the few for a reason. I don't hold nothing against you since you have the heart to desire sompthing greater than yourself. You may have to chug on and be the few, and the proud in your own way.

"those that try and fail are better than those who never try. A Chinese thing says falling down is not failure,,,,,, Not getting up is.

Best of life to you..............Sparkie.

AlxGry
02-28-11, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the quick relpies fellas. How stupid would it be to pick a combat related MOS and just hope it never resurfaces if the recruiter does tell me my charges are un-waiverable? Because my...

sparkie
02-28-11, 08:45 PM
It's your dream,,,,,,,, go for it

I will be chastized by my Brothers, but what the hell.

P Friggig S,,,,,, They won't let it slide.

AlxGry
02-28-11, 08:47 PM
I know they won't. And I know I can not tell a lie either. It's just a hard and upsetting thing to hear.

sparkie
02-28-11, 08:51 PM
Improvise, adapt, overcome. That's all I got for ya.

josephd
02-28-11, 08:54 PM
and just a little FYI, when someone says that your record is sealed. That means it is sealed to public record meaning a random citizen can't look up your record with the courts.

You better believe the government and the Marine Corps can and will look at these especially if you are trying to get in with any sort of clearance.

Old Marine
02-28-11, 08:57 PM
If your recruiter said to forget it and go to MEPS, do what the recruiter says. He knows more about the situation than anyone on this board.

sparkie
02-28-11, 08:58 PM
and just a little FYI, when someone says that your record is sealed. That means it is sealed to public record meaning a random citizen can't look up your record with the courts.

You better believe the government and the Marine Corps can and will look at these especially if you are trying to get in with any sort of clearance.

Ain't that the truth.

AlxGry
02-28-11, 09:05 PM

I realize the FBI/NCIS investigation will turn it up. Thats why I told the recruiter I didn't want to lie. He keeps reassuring me that no one will find out though! I really want to listen to Old Marine and go with the advice of the recruiter, but really? Should I really lie? After all, being a Marine is what I want, I just don't want to go to the brig.

josephd
02-28-11, 09:28 PM
Go see a new recruiter IMO, I could understand not telling MEPs or anyone else about something that is not documented and won't make a difference in your enlistment. But if you have any sort of...

Sgt Leprechaun
02-28-11, 11:57 PM
I'll give you credit for reading the rules and understanding them, and knowing your odds with the Marine Corps but trying anyway.

Believe it or not, while you do in fact have a crappy record, overall it's not as horrible as it COULD be. If you are off probation, off all meds, and have no other 'issues' to speak of....you might....just MIGHT..stand a chance.

I say GO for it. What's the worst that can happen? You get turned down NOW....that doesn't mean 3 years from now you'd still get turned down.

Surprised to hear this from the ole Leprechuan? I give ya credit for brass ones kid.

Good luck to you.

Tennessee Top
03-01-11, 09:09 AM
You have made some serious bad calls in the past but sounds like your head is on straight now. Doubt that is enough to get you the opportunity you desire but good luck anyway.

Knowingly telling a lie is never the right way to go. If you cannot attain what you want by telling the truth then what you want is not worth it anyway.

elliscraig12
03-01-11, 10:06 AM
O.K. you're 17, you're still young. Start doing positive things with your life. Volunteer for some community service or something, get involved with a local church group. Show people you've changed and can be a responsible human being. These can only help. It's one thing to say you've changed, but when you prove it thru your own actions, it's a lot more believable. It's up to you to prove who you really are, and now's your chance to show it.

AlxGry
03-01-11, 10:38 AM
Thanks for all the advice Marines! I don't know, I'm definatly going to keep trying and it's good to hear at least some positive things. Like some of you have said, yeah I might get denied now but...

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-11, 06:01 PM
You are most certainly welcome...and keep us in the loop by ALL means. You sound motivated enough to attain this goal.

sparkie
03-01-11, 06:26 PM
You see, Alex? Us old farts didn.t bite your head off after all. That's 'cause we see heart and potential. If you had come on here as a badazz, you would have been shut down by the Big Dogs. Happened before, will happen again.

I'm with Sgt. Lep. Keep fighting, and keep us informed. We don't back those with a lifestyle full of 'giveup'.

Phantom Blooper
03-01-11, 06:31 PM
Try.....the only thing you can be told is know is no.

And going to barber college and then going in the Marine Corps isn't a bad thing.....if you do get in and make it through boot camp you can make some extra dough cutting hair....

Good luck!