PDA

View Full Version : Hey Females!!

noviatt
02-28-11, 09:37 AM
I just graduated on Feb 25th. If any of you want advice, have questions (NOT about the Crucible :P), etc. Feel free to hit me up! Boot camp was great in my opinion. The drill instructors are crazy, drill sucks, and now you'll be infested with sand fleas. Sorry, can't help you out with that. I picked the perfect time of year to be there...we didn't have to deal with them much. ;)

Languagelover23
02-28-11, 11:28 AM
Congrats, Marine!
I should be outta here really soon. I did have a question about what you are actually allowed to bring with you nowadays? I mean items specific to females.
Sadly, I won't be escaping sand fleas : (

noviatt
02-28-11, 12:00 PM
So they have that list of stuff you can bring, etc... I personally went there with the clothes on my back and the documents I needed. Don't bring anything extra. You'll be issued sports bras, underwear, whatever you need. And whatever you're not issued, you'll buy at the px. Don't worry about it. And also, don't go there with a big sweater or chunky shoes, etc. All your civilian clothes have to fit into a brown paper bag and stored. Then you have to pick it up during Marine week, and shove it all in your diddy bag. Some girls had like 2 bags and couldn't fit everything. Plus you have to pack it in your seabag with everything else when you graduate. Just make it easier and bring as little as possible.

Languagelover23
02-28-11, 03:20 PM
So they have that list of stuff you can bring, etc... I personally went there with the clothes on my back and the documents I needed. Don't bring anything extra. You'll be issued sports bras, underwear, whatever you need. And whatever you're not issued, you'll buy at the px. Don't worry about it. And also, don't go there with a big sweater or chunky shoes, etc. All your civilian clothes have to fit into a brown paper bag and stored. Then you have to pick it up during Marine week, and shove it all in your diddy bag. Some girls had like 2 bags and couldn't fit everything. Plus you have to pack it in your seabag with everything else when you graduate. Just make it easier and bring as little as possible.

Thanks for that, I was wondering about the sports bras, because everything else I read said to bring your own. Oh well, trivial details!

IHaveEGA843
02-28-11, 05:52 PM
Congrats on your transformation Marine!

noviatt
02-28-11, 07:39 PM
Thank you!! :D

Thanks for that, I was wondering about the sports bras, because everything else I read said to bring your own. Oh well, trivial details!

Yeah, you CAN bring your own. Because when second phase comes around and you make the second px call, you have to have enough clothes for 6 hygiene rolls. You're issued 3 bras in the beginning, so I just bought 3 more. Eh, it's your choice. Like I said though, it's easier to just not bring anything because then the receiving drill instructors have to go through all your crap and make sure it's appropriate to use and all that.

Languagelover23
02-28-11, 08:11 PM
Going with minimal baggage sounds like a great plan, I think I'll heed that advice, Marine. Thank you : )

Thank you!! :D

Yeah, you CAN bring your own. Because when second phase comes around and you make the second px call, you have to have enough clothes for 6 hygiene rolls. You're issued 3 bras in the beginning, so I just bought 3 more. Eh, it's your choice. Like I said though, it's easier to just not bring anything because then the receiving drill instructors have to go through all your crap and make sure it's appropriate to use and all that.