PDA

View Full Version : back with the title

Cardboardbox
02-28-11, 07:56 AM
boot camp was insane.. It was hard, that's all I can really say

Feb 25th, 2011

Charlie Co. 1st BN PLT 1012. Semper Fi
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185903_191391240895075_100000726023156_526525_4587 503_n.jpg

Cardboardbox
02-28-11, 08:12 AM
I'll be glad to tell some boot stories and answer any questions that aren't about the Crucible, you'll have to find out about that yourself when you make it that far. :)

Cardboardbox
02-28-11, 08:27 AM
before:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/149623_169167556434707_100000243907596_454969_5994 488_n.jpg

after:
http://i54.tinypic.com/30trllv.jpg

noviatt
02-28-11, 09:29 AM
Congrats!! I don't know about you, but I was so frickin mad when it started raining at graduation!! lmao I was like really? I just ironed this uniform, and it looked frickin perfect...and now it's all wet. LOVELY. haha

DGarmo
02-28-11, 10:54 AM
Congrats Marines. Now about those stories..

Cardboardbox
02-28-11, 11:25 AM
Congrats!! I don't know about you, but I was so frickin mad when it started raining at graduation!! lmao I was like really? I just ironed this uniform, and it looked frickin perfect...and now it's all wet. LOVELY. haha

Yeah I know.. I spend so much time on mine too. I though it was so funny when one of the Marines from my platoon cover fell off and my knowledge hat had to go run and get it.

Here's a funny story.. During Team Week my knowledge hat was taking half the platoon to chow. He said "left shoulder!" and someone did left shoulder before he said "arms" So he said "Oh you wanna do left shoulder before I call arms? Good all of you run to the pit!" So we started running to the pit and anyone who's been to PI knows about the green poles that hold up the steam pipes, one of the recruits ran RIGHT into one, and knocked himself out cold giving himself a concussion. We all yelled RECRUIT DOWN! the Drill Instructor ran up to him, pushing us out of the way. He looked around, looked at my DI and gave him a "who the hell are you?" look. I thought it was hilarious until we all realized he was actually hurt. He got a day of bed rest. Thankfully it was Team Week so it didn't matter.

Some days you'll spend your extra time before it's time for your free time learning how to fold a towel or doing two sheets and a blanket.

noviatt
02-28-11, 11:49 AM
Yeah I know.. I spend so much time on mine too. I though it was so funny when one of the Marines from my platoon cover fell off and my knowledge hat had to go run and get it.

Here's a funny story.. During Team Week my knowledge hat was taking half the platoon to chow. He said "left shoulder!" and someone did left shoulder before he said "arms" So he said "Oh you wanna do left shoulder before I call arms? Good all of you run to the pit!" So we started running to the pit and anyone who's been to PI knows about the green poles that hold up the steam pipes, one of the recruits ran RIGHT into one, and knocked himself out cold giving himself a concussion. We all yelled RECRUIT DOWN! the Drill Instructor ran up to him, pushing us out of the way. He looked around, looked at my DI and gave him a "who the hell are you?" look. I thought it was hilarious until we all realized he was actually hurt. He got a day of bed rest. Thankfully it was Team Week so it didn't matter.

Some days you'll spend your extra time before it's time for your free time learning how to fold a towel or doing two sheets and a blanket.

LMAO! I bet that was funny as hell to see! Oh ok so here's a good one. I totally snapped my arm up at the wrong time for dress right ON GRAD DAY. Yeah, that was me. lol Did you guys ever get ready for deployment? We learned how to do that at the range. And half of my platoon was crying. I was like...really? frickin babies.

Cardboardbox
02-28-11, 03:27 PM
LMAO! I bet that was funny as hell to see! Oh ok so here's a good one. I totally snapped my arm up at the wrong time for dress right ON GRAD DAY. Yeah, that was me. lol Did you guys ever get ready for deployment? We learned how to do that at the range. And half of my platoon was crying. I was like...really? frickin babies.

I cried a little when I saw my family on Family Day, but I hated my platoon. I was glad to not see them again lol. How did you do that? did you snap up before she said dress?

PooleeGewarges
02-28-11, 03:27 PM
This poolee has a question. What was the hardest part of boot camp for you? Also, do you lose alot of strength during the first two weeks of boot camp? I have heard that you do lose strength during first phase. Is true or not sir?

Cardboardbox
02-28-11, 03:39 PM
This poolee has a question. What was the hardest part of boot camp for you? Also, do you lose alot of strength during the first two weeks of boot camp? I have heard that you do lose strength during first phase. Is true or not sir?

The hardest part was for me was adjusting and dealing with the mind games. Yes you lose strength but it's mental strength. You'll be so mentally exhausted for 3 months (especially 1st phase) that it's not until The Crucible and Marine Week.. and you look back to receiving.. and you're like damn I feel like a completely different person. The mental exhaustion causes you to be physically exhausted, trust me you'll be pushing your body so hard, you didn't even know you push yourself that hard. They tear you down mentally and physically and build you right back up. I gained 30 lbs of muscle in boot camp. In my opinion anyone can make it through Parris Island, but that's not true because they have RSP for a reason, but most people that go home without the title is because they gave up. Just don't quit, ever.

PooleeGewarges
02-28-11, 04:11 PM
This poolee thanks you for the response and congratulates you in becoming a United States Marine. God speed. :flag:

IHaveEGA843
02-28-11, 05:50 PM
Congrats Marines!

SMH @ actually quitting, you're there so why not push through it and continue on.

I have a ego problem with being seen as weak so I know even I want to quit I'll keep going just because I dont want to look weak infront of my DI's and fellow Recruits.

I've done it before at the first Poolee Function we had and nearly passed out after the run. Damn it, it hurt like hell but I was happy I finished even though it was dead last.

noviatt
02-28-11, 07:14 PM
I cried a little when I saw my family on Family Day, but I hated my platoon. I was glad to not see them again lol. How did you do that? did you snap up before she said dress?

Aww. lol I didn't. And I didn't cry when I got my EGA either. I was just so happy and proud. I thought I would have, but I guess not! Yes, I snapped when my CDI said dress right, and was like CRAP! hahaha but what can you do? nothing. Oh well, it's something funny to tell people how dumb I was right? haha

The hardest part was for me was adjusting and dealing with the mind games.

I agree. That and dealing with all the retards in my platoon. I hated most of them.

Cardboardbox
03-01-11, 06:37 AM
Aww. lol I didn't. And I didn't cry when I got my EGA either. I was just so happy and proud. I thought I would have, but I guess not! Yes, I snapped when my CDI said dress right, and was like CRAP! hahaha but what can you do? nothing. Oh well, it's something funny to tell people how dumb I was right? haha

I agree. That and dealing with all the retards in my platoon. I hated most of them.

hahahahaha. Are you serious? When your CDI said it? LMFAO. Nice.

noviatt
03-01-11, 07:17 AM
hahahahaha. Are you serious? When your CDI said it? LMFAO. Nice.

YEAH. I know right? I guess I was just so excited and was like, psh I got this. BAM!.....oh wait...lmao.

Leather2013
03-01-11, 08:29 AM
This poolee thanks you, Good job sir, God bless.