PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant Major coming to screen the Pool...

ajvigs
02-28-11, 07:47 AM
Morning fellow Poolee's,

So tomorrow I have a meeting with the Sergeant Major in Bangor, Maine. Sergeant Major is in the process of screening the entire Poolee group and I wanted to know if any of my fellow Poolee's have gone through the same thing and if so what should I expect? Is it like the questioning you go through at MEPS or more intense?

Thanks for any help you can throw at me.

Stay motivated,

Poolee Vignola

Domc
02-28-11, 07:42 PM
We had the CO of New Jersey come to out last Poolee Functions, he was a Major but I can only assume it might be the same thing. What happened for us, during our IST a few poolee's were "randomly" selected and had to wear a Neon Green belt, these belts were given to the recruits who they were keeping an eye.

After our 1.5 run, the Gunnery Seargeant that had come along with the CO pulled all the green belts aside, and went inside to weigh them and see their pull-ups. Those who didn't do well, got an earful, those who did well but not better got an earful, those who did well, got an earful.

Basically from the visit it was mostly just to see how our Recruiter's were doing, and how a few of the Poolee's were doing that should be showing drastic improvement but haven't, at the end though our Recruiter's were the ones talked to from the CO.

Oh almost forgot, a few of the poolees didn't greet the Gunny or CO and they were not happy about that at all, and they let us know it.

DudefromDiego
02-28-11, 08:23 PM
We had something along those lines. Our RSS took a trip to RSS Poway, where a Master Sergeant questioned us. Nothing like MEPS though. He just asked us if anything had happened to us since we DEP'ed in, and if the recruiters were giving us any problems. Recruiters told us (just like at MEPS) that if it isn't on record, it never happened. Luckily, I am on the okay. A few kids popped, and since that day, we haven't seen em...:confused:

Nerd
02-28-11, 10:27 PM
no. never. none.

DubGee
02-28-11, 11:15 PM
We get interviewed by our SgtMaj and Master Gunny every other month at poolee IST's. Weve also had the CO/Major show up randomly at a monthly poolee PT meet, and gave an earful to a couple poolees,...

Kiri
03-02-11, 03:34 PM
it'll probably be to ask if anyone's been abused or stuff. it's probably no big deal.

DudefromDiego
03-08-11, 04:20 PM
it'll probably be to ask if anyone's been abused or stuff. it's probably no big deal.

This. As long as you haven't done anything stupid since you DEP'ed in, you should be good to go. Like I said, if it isn't on record, it never happened.

Visor15
03-08-11, 11:29 PM
We had a Sgt Major visit us at our last pool function. He was cool, just gave us a pep talk and showed us some exercises to help improve our IST scores. He didn't interview us or anything. It wasn't really a big deal but it was cool meeting a high ranking NCO

Agent Johnson
03-13-11, 08:25 PM
I had a talk with the Sgt Major once where he drilled us individually like at Meps.

Then the next time it was just a master sgt and he just said look me in the eye and tell me you didn't lie about anything.

Kevin691
03-13-11, 11:56 PM
DubGee, you have to be the biggest moron posting BS IST scores like that.

Gale
03-18-11, 03:25 PM
DubGee, you have to be the biggest moron posting BS IST scores like that.

:thumbup: