PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question.

exARMY
02-27-11, 05:32 PM
I have done research, but have came up empty handed. I have an re-3 waiver that was approved by the Army, but now their business rules are not letting prior service back in unless you hold a certain MOS. My question is, what are the current regs on ps guys trying to join the Corps? I need to get my life going and can not keep waiting for the Army if they don't change their rules soon.

josephd
02-27-11, 05:40 PM
prior service doesn't mean much to the Marine Corps unless you are a prior service Marine. You don't retain rank or anything of that sort. I can say though with the Marine Corps trying to downsize in coming months/years, the Corps has to want you not the other way around.

If you want a specific answer to the question about your waiver, eligibility, and what not you will need to speak with a recruiter.

exARMY
02-27-11, 05:46 PM
Thanks Joseph, just wanted too have some knowledge of what I was talking about before I saw a recruiter if the Army does not ease up. The way I see it, if they are both down sizing, the Army will be easier to get into due to size. Appriciate the response.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-28-11, 11:35 PM
You'll be starting all over with everything except rank. Your PS time will count toward time in service but nothing else for the most part.

EVERYone is being very, very, picky at the moment about plain old enlistments, much less prior service.

exARMY
03-02-11, 01:21 AM
Roger that SGT, it is crazy how strict it is for PS guys.