PDA

View Full Version : for all Marines

pocatellodave
02-27-11, 12:10 PM
I have been reading the deaths and casualty stories on the internet.I share the grief with the families that have lost a son or daughter overseas.I've never been prouder to be a Marine,and the job our young Marines are doing is in the highest state of keeping the Marine Corps tradition at a level we should all be proud of!

Semper Fi! :usmc:

tracs1833
02-27-11, 01:32 PM
I am proud of all our current service members. They are doing an excellent job. I do have a bit more pride in our Marines, I guess I must be a bit prejudiced in their favor! But, all in all, I feel that anyone who wears our nation's uniform is deserving of respect (not that they aren't entitled to some friendly inter-service ribbing).
I have a habit of (and have taught my Godchildren this, also) going up to current members in uniform and telling them welcome home (don't want them to be ignored, or worse, as were the Nam vets of my day, of which I am not one). I also jokingly tell them to not let any of us old farts tell them about how much harder/better it was in our day. I tell them that they are all doing an outstanding job and we are immensely proud of them. I then thank them for their service to our country.
Whenever I see an older person wearing something indicating prior service, such as a ball cap, shirt, etc I also go up to them and thank them for their service. If they are Nam vets, I specifically tell them welcome home.
All of the above is now being done my 3 of my Godchildren, who have seen me do it, and now do it on their own.
God Bless all the family of our service members, especially those of our Marines.

usmcmsf
02-27-11, 01:46 PM
Semper Fi Marines

Marine84
02-28-11, 06:09 PM
Love the signature Tank.

Ray Merrell
03-02-11, 08:07 AM
My Marine Raider Buddie Ray (Tex) Strohmeyer passed away yesterday in Texas. "Tex" was one of my Ten Man Squad on New Caledonia and Bougainville. He was a great Marine, and carried a BAR on Bougainville, Emirau, Guam and Okinawa. We got to see him last in the hospital when we were at a Marine Raider Reunion in Fort Worth, August 2010.

0331 2 0369
03-02-11, 08:13 AM
My Marine Raider Buddie Ray (Tex) Strohmeyer passed away yesterday in Texas. "Tex" was one of my Ten Man Squad on New Caledonia and Bougainville. He was a great Marine, and carried a BAR on Bougainville, Emirau, Guam and Okinawa. We got to see him last in the hospital when we were at a Marine Raider Reunion in Fort Worth, August 2010.

Sorry to hear about your buddy Ray. I will keep Mr. Strohmeyer in my prayers.