PDA

View Full Version : ?

hardcorp4ever
10-10-03, 08:45 AM
when i join the Marines i plan on going maybe to 0300, but after 4 years i want to go to D.I. school. What i was wanting to know is how would i train Marines on the rifle range(PMI)would that be a different M.O.S. or how does that work

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-10-03, 05:28 PM
Wellm, to begin it takes most Marines a little longer to get to the drill field. Not all, but most Marines get promoted to Cpl during the last half of their enlistment, or later, and are just beginning to work towards Sgt when they reenlist or get out.

Anyway, on to your question. A PMI and a DI are two different things. If you want to be a PMI then you have a different road ahead of you, but one that is just as rewarding. In any case, you need to focus a little more on earning the title, and then being the best Marine you can be before you worry abouta B billet.

Mudwalker
10-20-03, 10:23 PM
I have done both in my career and enjoyed them. Although I agree with focusing on earning the title first I must commend you on setting goals for yourself. I too am Infantry, which is not a requirement to become a DI or PMI. DI MOS is 8511 and PMI Mos is 853?something. Both are secondary MOS's.