PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

nguyen12
02-26-11, 08:33 PM
Hello,
I will just go straight to the point, instead of giving the whole sob story and detail. I have been arrested for marijuana and I have told meps about it, even my recruiter was none to please about that. He said that I could get a waiver, if I can get him an incident report. He try calling the juvenile department in Florida, so they could fax it to him. They told him that I would need to be there in person, so I drove 7 hours there to get it. Once i got there they told me since my record was "expunge" they destroy everything and there was no record of me at all. I was just wondering now, since I told meps that I have been arrested and I need a waiver, but I can not get an incident report for the waiver. What can I do now or what would happen now? Any advice or criticism is appreciated.
Thank you for your service and time.

TunTvrnWarrior
02-26-11, 08:49 PM
That.... only your recruiter can answer.

nguyen12
02-26-11, 08:52 PM
Yeah....I did ask him, but he told me to just wait, which I do not mind. I just wanted to get any further information, if I could. But thanks

Silentwarrior17
02-26-11, 09:17 PM
Try and talk to the department that arrested you. While your record might not be there anymore, the incident report that the officer that arrested you filled out might still be in the data base at the department.

nguyen12
02-26-11, 09:30 PM
I went to the Sheriff department, County sheriff department, and the juvenile department. All three told me that there was no record of me at all in their system. If I remember correctly I never filled out any paper work. I was just arrested and taking to the juvenile department, and I got fingerprinted. The next day I went to Teen court and the judge told me I had to do a "Second Chance" program, which consist of some community service. Well, all I can do now is wait I guess. I pass the asvab(77), meps physical, and my recruiter even got my mos slot for me already. My recruiter has just call me back though, he said I would have to write a statement and wait for the Commanding Officer to approve it. Hopefully, the Officer will approve it.
Thank you

Silentwarrior17
02-26-11, 09:32 PM
If he has called you back and told you to write a statement than you are on your way. The fact that he is working with you and not telling you flat out NO, means that you still may have a chance. Good luck.

Tennessee Top
02-26-11, 10:29 PM
You may have dodged a bullet this time. But, surprise urine tests are common on active duty. Keep smoking that whacky weed and eventually you'll get caught and then kicked out.

Hope you learned a lesson. Next time, you may not be so lucky.

Silentwarrior17
02-26-11, 10:35 PM
Master Sergeant is right, you def might have dodged the bullet this time. Keep your nose clean!

nguyen12
02-26-11, 10:41 PM
Yes this happen 4 years ago when I gotten arrested and I have been out of trouble since then. It wasn't even my drug when I got caught with it, I was in the gym at school and someone put the drug in my pants. (My high school had a policy where if you turn someone in you get rewarded 500$) I knew there was no point in arguing since I had no proof. But long story short I have learn my lesson and never will I do anything illegally again.

P.S.
It was only like my second week at that school. >_>

Sgt Leprechaun
02-28-11, 11:22 PM
And folks, THIS youngster/wannabee is doing exactly what we like to see YOU do...he has gone the extra mile, isn't whining about his situation, has manned up and doing what has to be done. THAT is why his recruiter is trying to help him.

"Read and Heed"

nguyen12
02-28-11, 11:36 PM
Thank you Marine
Yeah after I went to meps and my recruiter told me that he could not get a hold of my record. He told me I had two choice either give up or drive to Pensacola and try to get the record myself. Meps was from 4am-3pm and at like 12am I decided not to give up so I drove 7 hour to Pensacola to get the record or at least attempt to and I drove 7 hours back to give my recruiter what ever information I could get. (The reason I drove back right away without resting is because my recruiter told me to get him the paper by 5pm the next day or he would put his size 11 boot up my ***)
P.S.
My recruiter has just sent in my waiver for approval, so now just have to play the waiting game....